Lackey Rogue Deck List Guide - Saviors of Uldum September 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Lackey Rogue in The Saviors of Uldum expansion.
Lackey Rogue is an archetype from the Rise of Shadows expansion that uses powerful Lackey minions from cards like EVIL Miscreant to do its bidding. The deck hinges on using Heistbaron Togwaggle to generate powerful cards to win the game.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Lackey Rogue Mulligan Guide
As with most Rogue decks, Lackey Rogue lacks a strong early game and instead focuses on retaking control of the board in the mid game. In order to do this, it is important to look for key combo cards in your mulligan.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — EVIL Cable Rat, EVIL Miscreant and Blink Fox.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Backstab, SI:7 Agent.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Heistbaron Togwaggle, Spirit of the Shark.
Lackey Rogue Strategy
Lackey Rogue is a combo deck built around creating Lackeys. As such, you should try to maximise the amount you can generate with EVIL Miscreant by pairing it with cards like Shadowstep. Lackeys themselves are very powerful 1-drops that can be used to control the board and are great at controlling the board. The main win condition of the deck is Heistbaron Togwaggle which can lead you to victory by Discovering fantastic treasures. All treasures are particularly powerful but not always enough to win the game on their own, so you should try to combine Heistbaron Togwaggle with Waggle Pick or Shadowstep so that you may access multiple treasures. When it comes to playing Treasures, Zarog's Crown and Wondrous Wand are the most influential, but Tolin's Goblet can also be a particularly excellent choice if your hand is empty.
Against Aggro, you should try to stay fully in control of the board at all times, making full use of Backstab, SI:7 Agent, and Lackeys to control the board. Staying in control of the board will often starve your opponent of resources while you slowly drift towards playing Heistbaron Togwaggle to win the game.
Against Control, your aim should be to maximise the value of your deck to win the game. Heistbaron Togwaggle is often essential for this and you should try to maximise the number of times you can trigger his Battlecry by saving all copies of Shadowstep to use with it. As Control decks often try to win through fatigue, looking for Togwaggle's Scheme from your Ethereal Lackeys will allow you to shuffle even more copies of Heistbaron Togwaggle into your deck to continuously pressure your opponent with fantastic treasures.
Lackey Rogue Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Zilliax, for 1x Eviscerate.
- Against Control — Add 1x Togwaggle's Scheme, for 1x Novice Engineer.
- 02 Sep. 2019: Guide reviewed for September play season.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Removed 2x Preparation, 2x Raiding Party, 2x Dread Corsair, 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze for 2x Spirit of the Shark, 2x Life Drinker, 2x Novice Engineer, 1x Sap
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 23 May 2019: Added a note regarding May balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck updated for the May play season. Removed 1x Barista Lynchen, 2x Spirit of the Shark, 2x Fan of Knives, 1x Daring Escape, 1x Bloodmage Thalnos, 2x Sprint. Added 2x Raiding Party, 2x Waggle Pick, 2x Dread Corsair, 1x EVIL Cable Rat, 1x Leeroy Jenkins, 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck added.
- Hearthstone 15.6.2 Patch Notes
- Celebrate 25 Years of Warcraft
- Tavern Brawl Temporarily Disabled
- Q3 Earnings: Classic Drives Biggest Quarterly Increase to Subscription Plans in History
- Patch 15.6 Issues: Fixes Coming Monday/Tuesday
- Hearthstone 15.6 Update Patch Notes
- BlizzCon 2019 in 3 Minutes
- Quick Official Video Highlight Summaries for the Announcements at BlizzCon
- Battlegrounds Strategy
- Battlegrounds Special Cards
- Battlegrounds Mechanics
- Hearthstone Battlegrounds
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Battlegrounds Card Tier List
- No +5 Druid decks yet?
- Arena Warlock Tier Lists