Malygos OTK Quest Druid Deck
Table of Contents
- 1. Malygos OTK Quest Druid Card List
- 2. Malygos OTK Quest Druid Mana Curve
- 3. Comments On Malygos OTK Quest Druid
- +4. Malygos OTK Quest Druid Pros and Cons
- 5. About the Author
- 6. ChangeLog
This guide contains details on how to play Malygos OTK Quest Druid. It explains how this variant differs from other Quest Druid decks and provides strategy advice on how to play it effectively.
1. Malygos OTK Quest Druid Card List
This deck costs 12,360 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Druid Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Malygos OTK Quest Druid Mana Curve
3. Comments On Malygos OTK Quest Druid
This variant aims to use Jungle Giants Quest reward, Barnabus the Stomper, to reduce the cost of all minions to 0 and enable huge amounts of burst damage using a combination of Malygos, Faceless Manipulator, Ixlid, Fungal Lord, and Moonfire.
This variant relies heavily on using Cursed Disciples to complete the Quest due to the Deathrattle effect causing it to count twice towards the completion of the Quest. Oaken Summons can be used to pull Cursed Disciple from the deck and provide a lot more consistency.
Marsh Drake acts as another minion to help with easy completion of the Jungle Giants Quest due to having such a high attack value for a 3-drop. The combination of Cursed Disciple and Marsh Drake will often be enough to complete the Quest. However, Ixlid, Fungal Lord can also be played in combination with either of these minions to summon an additional copy to help towards completion of the Quest where necessary.
Where possible, you should try and hold off using your powerful card draw effects, such as Nourish and Ultimate Infestation, as long as possible. This is because Barnabus the Stomper will only reduce the cost of minions in your deck and not those in hand, so it is better to play your card draw after the Cost reduction has taken place.
The deck contains a large number of combo pieces that can be used to finish off opponents, allowing you to be quite flexible with their usage. The most important part of combos is Malygos, which can be used in combination with Faceless Manipulator or Ixlid, Fungal Lord to generate additional copies for even more Spell damage. Moonfire can always be used to deal the final damage due to costing 0 Mana. However, it is also frequently possible to add in Swipe if you manage to reduce the cost of Malygos with Barnabus the Stomper. Finally, Alexstrasza can be used to deal a significant amount of damage to opponents before you start hitting them with spells. Alexstrasza can either be used a turn prior to your combo to soften opponents up, or if it has been reduced to 0 Mana, then it can be played in the same turn as Malygos to help burst down unsuspecting opponents.
4. Malygos OTK Quest Druid Pros and Cons
This combo variant of Quest Druid is excellent at bursting down unsuspecting Control and combo decks that put on minimal pressure while you complete the Quest. However, the lack of early-game board presence can make it harder to deal with aggressive decks.
4.1. Malygos OTK Quest Druid Quick Mulligan Guide
In addition to keeping Jungle Giants in your opening hand, you should look for a combination of Mana acceleration such as Wild Growth and Greedy Sprite, and your cards that aid completion of the Quest such as Oaken Summons and Cursed Disciple.
5. About the Author
This guide is presented to you by Kat, a professional Hearthstone player competing at the highest level since closed beta. She is a consistent legend player in both Wild and Standard with multiple high-rank finishes.
- 11 Apr. 2018: Deck updated for the Witchwood expansion.
- 22 Dec. 2017: Variant added.
- Balance Changes to Giggling Inventor, Mana Wyrm & Aviana
- Hearthstone BlizzCon Virtual Ticket Rewards: Card Back & Packs
- Twitch Rivals: The Hearthstone Gold Rush Challenge
- Tavern Brawl: Boss Battle Royale 2
- Hallow's End Begins October 17 - Tavern Brawls, Dual Class Arena, Sir Annoy-o
- Balance Changes Coming Next Week
- Here Are the Decklists for The 2018 Fall Championship
- Vote for Your 2018 Fall Champion
- Cubelock (Warlock Cube)
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Should I dust everything and focus on a deck
- Topsy Turvy Priest
- Pirate Warrior
- Basic Warrior Deck
- Is the game dying?
- OTK DK Paladin