Pogo Rogue Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons December 2019
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Pogo Rogue play for The Descent of Dragons meta.
Pogo Rogue is a breed of Rogue deck from The Boomsday Project Expansion. It focuses on repeatedly playing copies of the Pogo-Hopper card which gains strength for every copy of the card played earlier in the game. It is reminiscent of Jade Golem mechanic from the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expansion and can become almost unstoppable if the game lasts for long enough.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Pogo Rogue Mulligan Guide
As Pogo Rogue revolves around playing one specific card, Pogo-Hopper, the mulligan strategy for the deck revolves around playing and utilising Pogo Hopper as soon as possible.
In your opening hand, you should hard mulligan for a copy of Pogo-Hopper in your opening hand. If you already have a copy available, you can additionally look for cards to combo with it like Shadowstep and Lab Recruiter.
Pogo Rogue Strategy
In the early game, your primary aim should be to begin your Pogo-Hopper combo as soon as possible. This will usually involve playing a Pogo Hopper immediately followed by Shadowstep. As there are only two initial copies of Pogo Hopper in the deck, under no circumstances should you play it in the early game without a way to duplicate it.
Going into the mid game, if you are unfortunate enough to have not drawn into one of your Pogo-Hoppers early, you can begin drawing through your deck to search for a copy using the primary draw tools in the deck, Fan of Knives, Novice Engineer, and Witchwood Piper.
Once you have your Pogo Hopper online in the mid game, your focus should be on buffing it up for the future. You should prioritise using as many Lab Recruiters on Pogo Hoppers as possible and even using Shadowstep on your Lab Recruiters to get multiple Battlecry activations in a turn. Filling your deck with Pogo Hoppers like this will put you in a strong position going into the late game.
If your Health begins to drop, Zilliax is a deceptively powerful healing tool for the deck. In the mid game, it can be fine to drop it by itself before shuffling it with Lab Recruiter or Togwaggle's Scheme. However, in the late game, it is excellent to Magnetise onto a huge Pogo-Hopper for a huge burst in healing.
In the late game, your whole strategy will revolve around continually playing Pogo-Hoppers until you opponent can no longer respond to them. Due to the sheer amount of damage they can inflict, it is usually fine to trade with them to ensure you do not get burst down, as you can often burst your opponent down in a single turn with multiple Pogo-Hoppers on the board.
Pogo Rogue Card Swaps
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 1x EVIL Cable Rat, 1x Heistbaron Togwaggle for 2x Stowaway.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Removed 1x Tak Nozwhisker, 2x Daring Escape, for 1x Heistbaron Togwaggle, 1x Myra's Unstable Element, 1x EVIL Cable Rat.
- 02 Jul. 2019: Deck has been updated for the July card rotation. Removed 2x Vanish for 2x Daring Escape.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been updated for the June balance patch and added back to the meta category. Removed 2x Blink Fox, 2x Vendetta, 2x Sprint, 1x SI:7 Agent, 1x Togwaggle's Scheme for 2x Witchwood Piper, 2x Novice Engineer, 2x EVIL Miscreant, 1x Lab Recruiter, 1x Barista Lynchen.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been moved to the fun category for the May play season.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Rise of Shadows expansion. Removed 1x Cheat Death, 1x Evasion, 1x Sonya Shadowdaner, 2x Elven Minstrel, 2x Vilespine Slayer, 1x Valeera, the Hollow, 2x Witchwood Piper, 1x Augmented Elekk, 1x Lab Recruiter for 2x Togwaggle's Scheme, 1x Tak Nozwhisker,1x Edwin VanCleef, 1x Bloodmage Thalnos, 2x Spirit of the Shark, 2x Blink Fox, 2x Vendetta, 1x Zilliax.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the October play season.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Deck reviewed for the September play season.
- 08 Aug. 2018: Deck added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- The Blizzard Gear Fest Has Begun!
- BlizzConline 2021 Will Be Free to Watch!
- David Kim, Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer Moves to WoW
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2020 Earnings Call
- Chris Metzen Unveils Warchief Gaming Tabletop Game Company
- Dave Kosak Leaves Blizzard After 12 Years