Ramp Druid Deck
This version of Ramp Druid stalls the game long enough to overwhelm opponents with powerful late-game threats.
Ramp Druid Card List
This deck costs 12,440 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Druid Cards||Neutral Cards|
Ramp Druid Mana Curve
Ramp Druid Strategy
Ramp Druids aim to accelerate their Mana as quickly as possible using cards like Wild Growth, Nourish and Greedy Sprite. The deck utilises powerful defensive tools such as Ironwood Golem and Spreading Plague to stall the game long enough to start pumping out big threats such as The Lich King and Ysera.
Ramp Druid Mulligans & Matchup Specific Strategies
Getting The Fastest Start
Getting a fast start with the deck is crucial as even the slowest possible deck can become problematic to handle if you give them enough time. To remedy this, you should carefully plan out how to get the most out of your early turns as possible. Usually this will involve playing cards like Wild Growth to gain Mana as fast as possible and sequencing your ramp appropriately.
Nourish is another powerful card that needs careful usage within the deck. In other Druid decks you will use it to draw 3 cards almost every time. However, the urgency to be able to play your big minions in the deck makes gaining 2 Mana Crystals a more desirable option than it usually is. As a general rule, you should use the 2 Mana Crystal option against Aggro decks if you are unable to play the minions in your hand. This allows you to access them faster and stabilise quicker. Against slower decks, the draw 3 option is usually better, providing you with more resources as your opponent will often be able to answer your first few threats.
Navigating Later Turns
Once you have ramped up, you will be spending most of the game dropping a huge threat on the board each turn. You will be looking to consistently out-value your opponents with your near endless chain of threats. When it is safe to do so, you should try to prioritise playing your cards with powerful effects such as Ysera, The Lich King, and Hadronox in order to maximise your overall tempo and put more pressure onto your opponent.
Although you should be trading most of the time, you should also remain conscious of how much damage you can deal to your opponent. Due to the huge attack values of most of the minions in the deck, you will regularly find yourself in a position to kill your opponent in just 2 turns of attacks. If it is safe to do so, you should take this line of play where possible. It is also worth noting that although this deck consists almost solely of big minions, they are also finite in number due to all the spells in the deck to allow you to reach the late game and therefore you should always be mindful of how many threats you have left as it is sometimes possible for opponents with slower decks to outlast them.
Ramp Druid Card Swaps
The minions in the deck are fairly flexible and many of the late-game threats can be swapped for other high-Cost minions.
You can additionally include a copy of Astral Tiger if you find yourself hitting fatigue before you can end the game.
- 11 Apr. 2018: Deck updated for the Witchwood expansion.
- 08 Dec. 2017: Deck updated for the Kobolds and Catacombs expansion. Removed 2x Jade Blossom, 1x Moonglade Portal, 1x Ultimate Infestation, 1x Feral Rage, 1x Soggoth the Slitherer for 2x Branching Paths, 1x Ixlid, Fungal Lord, 1x Twig of the World Tree, 2x Lesser Jasper Spellstone.
- 18 Sep. 2017: Removed 2x Innervate for 1x Earthen Scales, 1x Jade Blossom following the 18th Sep. balance patch.
- 11 Aug. 2017: Deck updated for the KotFT expansion. Removed 1x Feral Rage, 1x Deathwing, 1x Deathwing, Dragonlord for 1x The Lich King, 1x Hadronox, 1x Ultimate Infestation.
- 03 Aug. 2017: Guide has been updated to new Icy Veins archetype format.
- 09 Apr. 2017: Deck added.
- Hearthstone 1.16 Update: Doom in the Tomb
- Doom in the Tomb Coming on October 8th
- Gamespot Interview with J. Allen Brack
- What's Coming to Hearthstone: New Events, Wild Cards to Standard and More
- Tombs of Terror Chapter 3 Available September 24th
- Small Client Update 15.2.2
- Tombs of Terror Chapters 1 & 2 Now Available
- Changes for Masters Qualifiers, Ladder, and More
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Secret Paladin
- looking for a little direction to get back into the game
- Dalaran Heist 5th wing won't unlock
- Tombs of Terror Elise Starseeker
- Deck Request Thread
- Quest Druid
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.