Safta11's Rank 1 Legend Taunt Druid Deck
Table of Contents
- 1. Saftall's Taunt Druid Card List
- 2. Saftall's Taunt Druid Mana Curve
- 3. Comments On Saftall's Taunt Druid
- 4. Saftall's Taunt Druid Pros and Cons
- 5. About the Author
- 6. ChangeLog
This version of Ramp Druid focuses exclusively on Taunt minions and aims to play reactively in order to swing back onto the board using powerful synergies such as Spreading Plague + Strongshell Scavenger. It was used by Safta to reach rank 1 Legend.
Disclaimer: The success of this deck predates the balance patch that was applied on 18th September 2017 which may have an impact on the effectiveness of the deck.
1. Saftall's Taunt Druid Card List
This deck costs 5,800 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Druid Cards||Neutral Cards|
Export string: AAECAZICBECuqwKGwQKZ0wINX/4B9wPEBuQIvq4CzbsCm80CoM0Ch84Cps4CjtACkdACAA== (copy to clipboard)
2. Saftall's Taunt Druid Mana Curve
3. Comments On Saftall's Taunt Druid
This variant takes the shell of a Ramp Druid and swaps out the big threats for a more token approach. It relies exclusively on Taunt minions, using Druid of the Swarm and Crypt Lord to create a cheap board presence where necessary.
The core strength from this variant comes from Spreading Plague. If you are patient enough to be able to get a decent number of minions from the card it is possible to create a board capable of winning the game. You should aim to combine spreading plague with buff cards like Strongshell Scavenger and Mark of the Lotus in the same turn to gain maximum value.
As there are not many big threats to spent Mana on each turn, this variant uses two copies of Ultimate Infestation. It should be used whenever it is safe to do so and you have room in your hand for 5 more cards. This will greatly increase the consistency of the combos the deck can pull off in addition to how fast they can be played.
4. Saftall's Taunt Druid Pros and Cons
The use of 2 copies of Ultimate Infestation makes this variant very fast to play. It is able to consistently draw the cards to pull off powerful combos each game.
The variant is highly dependent on Spreading Plague it is significantly weaker against archetypes that do not play many minions, like Freeze Mage. In these situations a more standard build of Ramp Druid is stronger where there are more proactive plays available.
5. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Pesty, a professional Hearthstone player playing since closed beta. She is a consistent legend player in both Wild and Standard with multiple high-rank finishes.
6. ChangeLog+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
- 13 Aug. 2017: Decklist updated to reflect version used for rank 1 Legend. Removed 2x Arcane Giant, 1x Swipe for 2x Mire Keeper, 1x Living Mana.
- 11 Aug. 2017: Deck added.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #12
- The Witchwood Full Spoiler Schedule
- "New Year Of The Raven" Party Will Reward Packs With Each Daily Quest
- Ben Brode Answers Community Questions In Video For WIRED
- Enrage Keyword To Be Replaced By "While Damaged"
- More Witchwood Spoilers Coming March 26th, Set Likely To Release April 12th
- This Week's Starcraft-Themed Tavern Brawl Rewards Three K&C Packs
- What's the Move #19 - Shadowy Thoughts
- Fairly new, need deck help
- Help me build this warrior
- Silver Hand Paladin Deck List
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck