Wild Spiteful Druid Deck List Guide - Rise of Shadows April 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Spiteful Druid in The Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
This minion-based deck aims to play a constant stream of minions in order to develop strong board to pressure opponents. It is built around taking full advantage of Spiteful Summoner, which can consistently create powerful minions due to the exclusive use of high-Cost spells in the deck.
Spiteful Druid remains a solid, yet unpopular, deck for reaching high Legend ranks.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
This deck is tailored to take full advantage of the Battlecry of Spiteful Summoner to consistently summon big minions that are difficult for opponents to respond to. The deck cuts out all cheap spells and is built almost entirely of minions as a result and employs a Midrange strategy in order to maintain control of the board throughout the game.
Mulligans & Matchup Specific Strategies
You should look for the smoothest possible start in your opening hand to ensure you are making full use of your Mana each turn. Prince Keleseth is especially powerful as the only 2-drop in your deck if you are able to find it.
As a deck heavily reliant on minions, it is important to make full use of your Mana every turn. In general, this simply means playing your highest Cost minion each turn, but there are some things to consider. Firstly, The Coin has a huge influence on how you play out your hand. As Prince Keleseth is the only 2-drop in the deck, The Coin should generally be used on turn 2 to allow you to play a 3-drop. If you do however have Prince Keleseth in hand, you should almost never Coin it out, no matter how tempting it may be. The lack of other 2-drops in the deck will often leave you with no turn 2 play if you play Prince Keleseth on turn 1. In these situations it is far better to save The Coin for situations where you are unable to use your Mana efficiently without it. However, ideally you want to use it to play a Spiteful Summoner on turn 5 if you have one available in your hand.
Spiteful Summoner is such a crucial card that the deck is even named after it and understanding how it works is key to success. Unlike other decks that use the card, there is only one spell in the deck, Ultimate Infestation, which means that Spiteful Summoner can only summon a 10-Cost minion. At the time of the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion, the only 10-Cost minions available to be summoned are: Deathwing, Sea Giant, Ultrasaur, Emeriss, Tyrantus, Mecha'thun, Hakkar, the Soulflayer, and Mulchmuncher.
In most cases, the correct play is to simply play Spiteful Summoner as soon as possible so that you may benefit from the effect quicker and also remove the risk of drawing all of your spells before you can play it. However, it is important to consider the state of the game too. For example, none of the 10-Cost minions that can be summoned have Taunt which can be hard in situations where your opponent is threatening lethal damage. However, if this damage is concentrated in a single threat, you may opt to risk summoning a Mulchmuncher to save you if you have no other options available.
Ending the Game
As a deck comprised almost entirely of minions, there is no direct win condition in the deck. Instead, ending the game comes entirely through efficient use of minions to control the board and chip away at opponent's Health with any remaining damage.
The minions in the deck are incredibly flexible and can be teched for any meta as you see fit. You can consider adding cards such as Hungry Crab, Golakka Crawler, Dragonslayer, E.M.P. Operative, Skulking Geist, or Chief Inspector if any one type of deck becomes too prevalent.
Quick Tips and Tricks
- Mulligan aggressively to get Prince Keleseth and Spiteful Summoner in your opening hand for the more explosive starts.
- Try not to play Grand Archivist before Spiteful Summoner as it will permanently remove Ultimate Infestations from your deck.
- Use Glacial Shard to slow your opponent down and leverage good trades.
Similar Hearthstone Decks
If you enjoyed playing Spiteful Druid we have many other Hearthstone deck guides you may enjoy.
Other Druid decks:
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck has been moved to Wild for the year of the Dragon.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the March play season.
- 07 Feb. 2019: Deck has been reviewed following the February balance patch.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck updated for the January play season. Removed 1x Blood Knight, 1x Griftah, 1x Void Ripper for 2x Druid of the Scythe 1x Gluttonous Ooze.
- 04 Dec. 2018: Deck updated for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion. Removed 2x Giggling Inventor for 1x Griftah, 1x Wardruid Loti.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the October play season.
- 18 Sep. 2018: Budget variant of the deck has been adjusted. Removed 2x Galvanizer, 2x Crystallizer, 1x Coppertail Imposter, 2x Bronze Gatekeeper, 2x Upgradable Framebot for 2x Giggling Inventor, 2x Druid of the Swarm, 2x Crypt Lord, 1x Saronite Chain Gang, 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze, 1x Mind Control Tech.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Deck reviewed for the September play season.
- 16 Aug. 2018: Decklist updated. Removed 2x Cobalt Scalebane, 1x Tar Creeper, 2x Druid of the Scythe for 1x Void Ripper, 1x Blood Knight, 1x Flobbidinous Floop, 2x Giggling Inventor.
- 07 Aug. 2018: Guide updated for The Boomsday Project expansion and transferred to new format. Added Budget and Wild variants.
- 22 May 2018: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the May balance patch.
- 24 Apr. 2018: Removed 2x Nightmare Amalgam, 1x Witchwood Grizzly, 1x Harrison Jones for 2x Fungalmancer, 2x Crypt Lord.
- 14 Apr. 2018: Deck added.
- Meta Report: Saviors of Uldum Week One
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2019 Earnings Call
- We've Upgraded Our Hearthstone Section!
- Saviors of Uldum Day 3: the Best Decks So Far
- Tavern Brawl: The Standard Brawliseum
- We Built a Quest Deck for Every Class in Saviors of Uldum
- Saviors of Uldum is Live Worldwide
- Every New Card from the Saviors of Uldum Reveal Stream
- Taunt Warrior Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Dono's Top 50 Legend
- Token Quest Shaman Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Integer's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Zoo Warlock Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Robot Wizard's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Holy Wrath OTK Paladin Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Meati's Top 10 Legend
- Combo Priest Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Rolle's Top 20 Legend
- Tempo Rogue Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Tortosh's Top 50 Legend
- Reno Mage Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Apxvoid's Rank 1 Legend
- Holy Wrath OTK Paladin Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Shuzo's Top 50 Legend