Zalae's Rank 1 Legend Jade Druid Deck
Table of Contents
- 1. Card List
- 2. Mana Curve
- 3. Comments On The Variation
- 4. Strategy Changes
- 5. Pros and Cons
- 6. Quick Mulligan
- 7. About the Author
- 8. ChangeLog
Jade Druid was played and created Pro player Zalae on the opening day of the Knights of the Frozen Throne meta. He took the deck to Legend by winning 18 games in a row. After some tweaking, he reached Rank #1 Legend with a revised version of the deck a few days later.
1. Card List
This deck costs 10,560 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Druid Cards||Neutral Cards|
Export string: AAEBAZICCPIF+Az5DK6rAuC7ApS9AsnHApnTAgtAX/4BxAbkCLS7Asu8As+8At2+AqDNAofOAgA= (copy to clipboard)
2. Mana Curve
3. Comments On The Variation
This list does not use Gadgetzan Auctioneer.
With the release of Knights of the Frozen Throne, most players agreed that Ultimate Infestation was going to be one of the most powerful cards in the set, and would be tested in Jade Druid. The main point of interest is how many copies of Infestation you play, as having a 10-Mana card in your hand can be clunky. Furthermore, if you want to run two copies, what do you drop? Zalae's answer to this question was to drop Gadgetzan Auctioneer.
That answer took Zalae to Legend after a monster 18-win run, but he realised that removing Gadgetzan Auctioneer had weakened Feral Rage and Earthen Scales. He removed those cards and added a series of tech choices, which then propelled him to Rank #1 Legend.
4. Strategy Changes
Despite the removal of several apparently key cards, the deck plays very much the same as the guide for the Featured Build. You need to be aware that your Ultimate Infestation is now your card draw, so where possible, you will want to shuffle your Jade Idol before casting it, especially when casting the second copy. Two copies of Spreading Plague are also included in the deck to defend against early aggression.
One of the key changes is the use of ramp. Playing an Ultimate Infestation as rapidly as possible is often key to victory, and if you can preserve a copy of Innervate to play the Infestation 2 turns early, it is usually correct to do so. Giving up an early power spike to get this early Infestation is surprisingly powerful.
5. Pros and Cons
This version is very powerful, but is a little weaker to early aggression. It is also more susceptible in the mid-game to having poor draws, as the Gadgetzan Auctioneer is not present to bail you out. Weighed against that, though, is the consistency against Control decks. Although already strong against Control, Jade Druid can sometimes stutter. This variant of the archetype is even more stable later on.
6. Quick Mulligan
You should generally mulligan for the following cards:
When you have at least one ramp card in your hand, you should carefully plan out your first few turns. If you are able to use all of the cards in your hand on an effective curve, then you can keep the hand. If not, keep your ramp and hunt for a better start.
7. About the Author
L0rinda has extensive experience with Hearthstone. After starting out with Arena and becoming one of the most prominent streamers in that format, he moved over to Constructed and now primarily spends his time as a caster for Blizzard, Starladder, and Dreamhack.
- 17 Aug. 2017: Zalae updated his deck and took it to Rank #1 Legend. Guide updated to represent this.
- Added: 1x Kun the Forgotten King, 1x The Black Knight, 1x Big Game Hunter, 1x Spellbreaker, 1x Malfurion the Pestitlent.
- Removed: 1x Primordial Drake, 2x Earthen Scales, 2x Feral Rage.
- 11 Aug. 2017: Deck Added. Zalae took this variant of Jade Druid to Legend by winning 18 games in a row.
- Hearthstone Tavern Talk: Class Rewards, New Player Experience, Card Reprints
- Choose Your 2018 Hearthstone Summer Champion
- Tavern Brawl: Shadow Reflection
- Blizzard Dance & Cosplay Contest at Gamescom 2018
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #18
- Tavern Brawl: Rise of the Zombeasts
- Taverns of Time Event Is Live
- Free Pack Day: Jun 13 + Animated Short
- Classic Decks
- Mage Dungeon Run
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Odd Rogue
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Dungeon Run Guides for K&C
- Face (Aggro) Hunter Deck List
- Can you see it?