Blood-Queen Lana'thel guide for Knights of the Frozen Throne
Table of Contents
Blood-Queen Lana-thel is the first boss in the Upper Reaches, the second wing of the Icecrown Citadel adventure from the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion.
1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Hero Power||Vampiric Leech costs 2 Mana and deals 3 damage to target and heals the boss for the damage dealt.|
2. Strategy and Deck Building
Blood-Queen Lana'thel is a straightforward boss with one important mechanic to be aware of. At the start of the fight, the boss will have a copy of Bite of the Blood-Queen added to their hand and will be used to give you the Vampiric Bite Hero Power. The Hero Power gives a minion +2/+2 and turns them into a vampire, making them immune to future casts of the spell. The Hero Power must be used each turn even if the target is an enemy minion. Any effect that blocks Hero Powers does not stop this effect and if you change your Hero Power with a card like Vilefin Inquisitor the boss will have another copy of Bite of the Blood-Queen added to their hand that they will immediately use again.
The strategy of this fight is to play a constant flow of minions to take advantage of the Vampiric Bite Hero Power; using cards that summon multiple minions either through Battlecry or Deathrattle effects is particularly useful for this situation. If you are consistently able to target friendly minions with the Vampiric Bite Hero Power, then the resulting value and tempo is enough to win the game no matter your strategy. It is important to keep aware that the boss uses 2 copies of Blood Essence, which will lower the number of minions you have in hand and potentially force you to buff an enemy minion. The boss starts with two copies of Sleeping Acolyte on the board, these minions do very little during the fight and only exist to create a powerful target for Vampiric Bite that you should avoid at all costs.
We currently recommend the following Cheap Paladin deck for Blood-Queen Lana'thel.
- Tavern Brawl: Brawl of Champions - Round One
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Developer Insights: The Season of Rastakhan
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Lunar New Year Event Extended By One Day
- Update 13.2: Card Nerfs, Lunar Festival, Season of Rastakhan
- Peter Whalen and Dean Ayala Show Early Versions of Rastakhan's Rumble Cards
- HSReplay Premium Worth it?
- My Gold to Buy Packs
- level one or level all ?
- The Lich King
- Tavern Brawl
- The Witchwood Monster Hunt
- Cheap Mage Standard