Professor Putricide guide for Knights of the Frozen Throne
Table of Contents
Professor Putricide is the second boss in the Upper Reaches, the second wing of the Icecrown Citadel adventure from the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion.
Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||30 (+15 Armor)|
Strategy and Deck Building
Professor Putricide is a complicated boss fight split into 3 different phases. During each phase the boss gains a different passive Hero Power that applies to both players and greatly benefits using certain types of cards. In the first phase, all Secrets cost 0 Mana. In the second phase, all weapons cost 1 Mana, and in the third phase, all cards cast 5 Mana. During the beginning of phases 1 and 2 the boss gains 15 Armor and the phase immediately ends when that Armor is removed. In addition to gaining a new Hero Power, the boss also gets a free minion immediately summoned onto the board upon entering a new phase: Rotface is summoned at the start of phase 3.is summoned at the start of phase 2 and
The strategy for this boss involves trying to use the Hero Power of the boss to your advantage while also countering your opponent from using it. For phase 1, it is good to have your own Secrets available to play while also using tech cards like Eater of Secrets and Flare to slow down the boss. In phase 2, expensive weapons are excellent at taking full advantage of the Mana reduction, while and Gluttonous Ooze will greatly hinder the boss and are especially useful against the very powerful weapon. Phase 3 is not too important, as the Hero Power will be a detriment to the cheap cards of the boss as well as your own, however you can tech in a couple of powerful minions such as Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound for this phase if you wish.
As long as you take advantage of the Hero Power of the boss, the fight itself is not too challenging and the only thing that can really cause problems are the minions that spawn at the start of each new phase. To account for this, you should take your time when transitioning phases and make sure you are able to immediately handle the minion that spawns. Upon entering phase 2, it is very important to have either 5 damage or a hard removal spell for Rotface so that it does not spawn any Legendary minions; failing that you should aim to do all 6 damage in one go to minimise the number of minions spawned., as the end of turn AoE effect can easily wipe your board if it survives. For phase 3, you should try to have a hard removal spell available for
We currently recommend the following Cheap Hunter deck for Professor Putricide.
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2021 Earnings Call
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Hmm.. world first?
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Houndmaster Monster Hunter
- Hearthstone Gold Guide
- Classic Midrange Combo Druid Deck
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge