Cheap Lord Victor Nefarius / Nefarian Paladin Deck (Heroic Mode)
Table of Contents
- 1. About the Author
- +2. Cheap Lord Victor Nefarius / Nefarian Paladin Deck (Heroic Mode)
- 3. Strategy
This deck can be used to defeat Lord Victor Nefarius on Heroic Mode. It is built around the strategy of allowing the boss to overextend onto the board with his huge Mana pool, and then punishing him with a big board clear. Once you have achieved this, the boss will be too low on cards to compete with you any longer, leading to your victory.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Lord Victor Nefarius / Nefarian Paladin Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 4,840 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Paladin Cards||Neutral Cards|
Copy Export String to Clipboard
2.1. Mana Curve
Although Nefarius starting this fight with 10 Mana may seem completely unfair initially, it actually ends up being his downfall. Since he has so much Mana at his disposal, he will quickly over commit to the board, leading to a board clear from you in the form of Equality + Consecration. Once you are able to achieve this, he will be too low on cards to keep up consistent pressure on you, and you should be able to outvalue him, leading to an eventual win.
Mulligan hard for Zombie Chow, Abusive Sergeant, Aldor Peacekeeper and Mind Control Tech, as these are your key cards for controlling the board early, and stalling long enough that your eventual Equality combo is completely devastating for him. Mind Control Tech is only of use early in the game, as later on he will not have enough minions in his hand for it to have an effect.
After your eventual board clear, Nefarius' hand will be saturated with Paladin spells, but he will have insufficient minions to create any pressure. The only thing to look out for here is that he can eventually draw into the Equality + Consecration combo himself through stealing your spells, so you should endeavour to only have enough pressure on the board to ensure dominance, and keep enough pressure in your hand to follow up if the worst should happen.
- Grizzled Guardian Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- "Merciful Djinni" & Temporus Reveals: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Grumble, World Shaker Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Unidentified Maul Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Raven Familiar Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Did Seeping Oozeling Just Receive A Post-Spoiler Buff?
- Silver Vanguard Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Lone Champion Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Make it cheap #3 Budget Handbuff Paladin
- Something stupid like ...
- Aggro Paladin Deck List
- Toxin Cards
- Aggro Rogue Deck List
- Deck Request Thread
- Make it cheap #2 Budget Cannibal Warlock
- The Lich King