Cheap Vaelastrasz the Corrupt Druid Deck (Heroic Mode)
Table of Contents
- 1. About the Author
- +2. Cheap Vaelastrasz the Corrupt Druid Deck (Heroic Mode)
- 3. Strategy
This deck can be used to defeat Vaelastrasz on Heroic Mode. It relies on a strategy of Murloc synergy and playing an extremely low curve to keep your hand empty and prevent overdraws due to the boss's Hero Power. It also relies on using Innervate to get a strong advantage in the early turns.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Vaelastrasz the Corrupt Druid Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 1,600 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Druid Cards||Neutral Cards|
Copy Export String to Clipboard
2.1. Mana Curve
Since on Heroic mode Vaelastrasz's Milling strategy is even more aggressive than in Normal mode, in addition to him gaining a Mana Crystal on every turn, engaging him in a fair battle for value is ill-advised. Instead, the winning strategy is to be relentlessly aggressive, and rely on his Hero Power working against him, as it provides you with constant fuel to maintain the aggression.
You should Mulligan early for your 0 cost cards such as Innervate, and simply focus on playing out as many cards from your hand as possible on each turn. Focus on dealing damage directly to the boss, and ignore his minions. The exception to this rule is when he casts Corruption on your minions, in which scenario you should trade off the Corrupted minion immediately.
As long as you are smart with your Mana usage on each turn, you should quickly overwhelm your opponent with damage and Murloc synergy, and be able to finish the game with a timely Savage Roar for lethal damage.
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ghastly Conjurer
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Professor Putricide
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Mountainfire Armor and Nerubian Unraveler
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood Razor & Prince Taldaram
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood-Queen Lana'thel
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ice Breaker & Plague Scientist
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal - Ticking Abomination
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- New Streamer needs some help
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- HoF Discussions
- Cheap Mage Standard
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)