Cheap Vaelastrasz the Corrupt Druid Deck (Heroic Mode)
Table of Contents
- 1. About the Author
- +2. Cheap Vaelastrasz the Corrupt Druid Deck (Heroic Mode)
- 3. Strategy
This deck can be used to defeat Vaelastrasz on Heroic Mode. It relies on a strategy of Murloc synergy and playing an extremely low curve to keep your hand empty and prevent overdraws due to the boss's Hero Power. It also relies on using Innervate to get a strong advantage in the early turns.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Vaelastrasz the Corrupt Druid Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 1,600 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Druid Cards||Neutral Cards|
2.1. Mana Curve
Since on Heroic mode Vaelastrasz's Milling strategy is even more aggressive than in Normal mode, in addition to him gaining a Mana Crystal on every turn, engaging him in a fair battle for value is ill-advised. Instead, the winning strategy is to be relentlessly aggressive, and rely on his Hero Power working against him, as it provides you with constant fuel to maintain the aggression.
You should Mulligan early for your 0 cost cards such as Innervate, and simply focus on playing out as many cards from your hand as possible on each turn. Focus on dealing damage directly to the boss, and ignore his minions. The exception to this rule is when he casts Corruption on your minions, in which scenario you should trade off the Corrupted minion immediately.
As long as you are smart with your Mana usage on each turn, you should quickly overwhelm your opponent with damage and Murloc synergy, and be able to finish the game with a timely Savage Roar for lethal damage.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #25
- Check out What's Coming up in the Next Few Months
- Tavern Brawl: Pick a Hand, Any Hand
- HGG Cheer: Win a Card Back, Packs & Twitch Emotes
- BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, Goody Bag, Mobile App, More
- Special Event: Rise for Days of the Frozen Throne!
- September 2018 Ranked Play Season - On the Level
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #24
- How do I post a deck?
- Basic Shaman Deck
- Hearthstone Hunter Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Malygos Rogue
- Puzzle Lab's Lethal Puzzles
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Monster Hunt Progress Thread
- Secret Paladin Wild