Cheap Ragnaros/Executus Priest Deck (Heroic Mode)
Table of Contents
- 1. About the Author
- +2. Cheap Ragnaros/Executus Priest Deck (Heroic Mode)
- 3. Strategy
This deck can be used to easily defeat Heroic-mode Ragnaros/Executus in Blackrock Mountain. It is very cheap, costing only 1,660 Arcane Dust to make. It relies mostly on Priest cards to stall the game and build a huge board that will allow you to kill both Executus and Ragnaros in a single turn.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Ragnaros/Executus Priest Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 1,660 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
2.1. Mana Curve
On Heroic Mode, the Ragnaros form of this boss is simply too overwhelming to defeat fairly. So this deck's strategy is to kill both the Majordomo Executus and Ragnaros the Firelord forms in the same turn, bypassing the power of Ragnaros and not giving him a chance to affect the game.
Defeating the Majordomo Executus form is a challenge in itself, due to his Hero Power summoning a 2 Mana 3/3 every turn. This deck has numerous tools to survive against Majordomo, namely Mind Control Techs, Holy Novas, Deathlords, and Mogu'shan Wardens, to delay the game for as long as possible.
The goal is to stall the game out for as long as possible, using the Priest buff cards to build huge taunts that the opponent cannot push through, until you can gain control of the board. This is fairly easily achieved since Majordomo has 10 Molten Giants in his deck, so if you simply never lower him below 20 health, he will eventually gather a pool of unplayable cards in his hand, allowing you to seize the advantage.
From here, the goal is simply to develop an enormous board, with the eventual goal of killing Majordomo with enough damage left over to deal the 60 neccessary damage to the Ragnaros form in a single turn. This may sound difficult, but is easily achievable using various combinations of Velen's Chosen, Divine Spirit, Power Word: Shield, and Inner Fire.
- Tavern Brawl: Monster Smash
- Hallow's End Is Live on Hearthstone
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #27
- Balance Changes to Giggling Inventor, Mana Wyrm & Aviana
- Hearthstone BlizzCon Virtual Ticket Rewards: Card Back & Packs
- Twitch Rivals: The Hearthstone Gold Rush Challenge
- Tavern Brawl: Boss Battle Royale 2
- Hallow's End Begins October 17 - Tavern Brawls, Dual Class Arena, Sir Annoy-o
- Basic Rogue Deck
- Puzzle Lab's Survival Puzzles
- Why has ranked gotten harder?
- Mecha'thun Priest
- How do I post a deck?
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Puzzle Lab's Dr. Boom's Puzzles
- Cubelock (Warlock Cube)