Cheap Silverware Golem Mage Deck (Normal Mode)
Table of Contents
This deck can be used to defeat Silverware Golem on Normal mode and is comprised only of Basic cards. It has multiple ways to address the opponent's 1/1 Plates that are the key to his strategy. If you can use cards such as Elven Archer and Arcane Explosion to keep his board clear, he will have difficulty using any of the cards in his deck that buff the plates effectively.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Silverware Golem Mage Deck (Normal Mode)
Our deck costs 0 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Mage Cards||Neutral Cards|
2.1. Mana Curve
Mulligan for Elven Archer, Arcane Missiles, and Goldshire Footman. If you are able to get at least one of these cards in your opening hand, you will be able to answer the opening Plates from your opponent and stop them from flooding the board too much. This is key, as early board dominance is the only way your opponent will be able to win.
After this, the game becomes quite straightforward but you should try to keep an Arcane Explosion in your hand and not use it recklessly so you can answer your opponent's ability to generate 5 1/1 Plates at once. In an emergency, you can Flamestrike this board state, which is why that card is also included in the deck, but Arcane Explosion is a much cleaner answer.
The key to the fight overall is keeping the opponent's board clear of 1/1 Plates, as this will completely neutralise most of the cards in your opponent's deck which are focused around buffing the 1/1s. Do not get greedy to finish the game quickly by attacking your opponent directly, and instead focus on board control until you have complete dominance.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #25
- Check out What's Coming up in the Next Few Months
- Tavern Brawl: Pick a Hand, Any Hand
- HGG Cheer: Win a Card Back, Packs & Twitch Emotes
- BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, Goody Bag, Mobile App, More
- Special Event: Rise for Days of the Frozen Throne!
- September 2018 Ranked Play Season - On the Level
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #24
- How do I post a deck?
- Basic Shaman Deck
- Hearthstone Hunter Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Malygos Rogue
- Puzzle Lab's Lethal Puzzles
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Monster Hunt Progress Thread
- Secret Paladin Wild