Rumble Run Captain Hooktusk Guide
This guide is designed to aid you in defeating Princess Talanji in Rastakhan's Rumble Run. It goes into detail about how to defeat each of the Shrines and accompanying decks that the boss may use.
Captain Hooktusk will use the Bottled Terror Shrine when faced in 1 of the first 2 rounds of a Rumble Run. The Shrine is very aggressive, providing friendly minions with permanent Stealth and providing a board-wide attack buff when it is killed.
Bottled Terror is a fairly insignificant Shrine and can usually be ignored. The boss will play many cheap Pirates, but it should be easy to out-damage it in the early rounds. If you do choose to kill the Shrine, you should make sure you have a way to deal with the board to prevent leaving minions alive with boosted Attack values.
Treasure from Below
Captain Hooktusk will use the Treasure from Below Shrine when faced in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th round. The Shrine slowly siphons cards out of your deck and allows the boss to use them against you at a discounted cost.
Treasure from Below is one of the most difficult Shrines to play against in the middle rounds. Its powerful effect means it should be kill as soon as possible at every opportunity. Even when repeatedly killed, it will still steal a significant number of cards from your deck, accelerating the rate you reach fatigue damage. It is important to play aggressively and as quickly as possible before you run out of cards and lose to fatigue.
Captain Hooktusk will use the Pirate's Mark Shrine when faced in the 6th, 7th, or 8th round of a Rumble Run. The Shrine double-casts all spells used by the boss to create huge tempo turns that can quickly snowball out of control.
Pirate's Mark can be defeated through very defensive gameplay. The large number of spells makes it very easy for the boss to run out of cards, even when their effects are doubled. You should be careful not to get caught out by Questing Adventurers and Edwin VanCleef who can quickly win the game if left unchecked.
- 21 Dec. 2018: Guide added.
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- Hearthstone 17.2.2 Client Patch Now Live
- Hearthstone Balance Patch: Buffs & Nerfs Coming on Monday
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Duplicate Cards in Season Rewards Chest
- Virtual Take Your Child to Work Day at Blizzard
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Dalaran Heist help please
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Highlander Hunter - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeh's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Kibler's
- Aggro Egg Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeeland's