Rumble Run High Priest Thekal Guide
This guide is designed to aid you in defeating High Priest Thekal in Rastakhan's Rumble Run. It goes into detail about how to defeat each of the Shrines and accompanying decks that the boss may use.
1. Shivallah's Grace
High Priest Thekal will use the Shirvallah's Grace Shrine when faced in 1 of the first 2 rounds of a Rumble Run. The Shrine has the potential to become very strong when left alive to absorb various Paladin buffs.
Because the Boss has low Health in the first 2 rounds, it can be very tempting to ignore the Shrine and rush down the boss. While this is fine for the first round, it can have catastrophic consequences. If the boss is able to survive until turn 6, having a Spikeridged Steed get duplicated will mean certain death, making it very important to kill the Shrine, especially before turn 6.
2. Shirvallah's Vengeance
High Priest Thekal will use the Shirvallah's Vengeance Shrine when faced in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th round. The Shrine is one of the scariest in the game and can quickly burn you down if left alive.
It is important to remove Shirvallah's Vengeance as soon as possible. While it is in play, it is impossible to attack the boss without causing massive damage to yourself. The boss will also use a lot of self-damaging cards like Bittertide Hydra to accelerate the damage of the Shrine, making it even more important to remove it swiftly.
3. Shirvallah's Protection
High Priest Thekal will use the Shirvallah's Protection Shrine when faced in the 6th, 7th, or 8th round of a Rumble Run. The Shrine is capable of very resilient defensive boards that can be almost impossible to penetrate.
When playing against Shirvallah's Protection, you should have a long-term plan in place. The AI will utilise self-damaging cards like Injured Blademaster to utilise the Divine Shield effect. It will follow these up with strong Taunt minions like Damaged Stegotron and The Walking Fort, making it almost impossible to get past. The AI will additionally place Bolvar, Fireblood behind its wall of Taunts that will continually get stronger and pose a huge threat. To minimise the amount of Divine Shields your opponent gains, you should try to save your spells to pick off the Shrine when it respawns. It is also important to hold back your board clear spells for as long as possible as the AI is able to create them very easily.
- 16 Dec. 2018: Guide added.
- Tavern Brawl - The Blackrock Crash, Part 2
- Saviors of Uldum Legendary Card Reveal: Armagedillo
- Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal Schedule Announced
- Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal: Plague of Murlocs
- Three New Saviors of Uldum Cards Revealed
- Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal: Psychopomp
- New Saviors of Uldum Card Revealed: Plague of Madness
- Hearthside Chat and Three New Cards
- Hiten's Top 50 Legend Bomb Warrior
- Brian Kibler's Legend Tess Rogue
- Top 20 Legend Overload Murloc Shaman
- Risai's Top 200 Legend Secret Hunter
- Sidisi's Legend Vereesa Secret Hunter
- bloodyface's Rank 1 Legend Cyclone Mage
- Firebat's Miracle Gonk Druid
- Pizza's Top 25 Legend Bomb Hunter