Cheap Lord Victor Nefarius / Nefarian Druid Deck (Heroic Mode)
Table of Contents
- 1. About the Author
- +2. Cheap Lord Victor Nefarius / Nefarian Druid Deck (Heroic Mode)
- 3. Strategy
This deck can be used to defeat Lord Victor Nefarius on Heroic Mode. It is based around a Mill Druid archetype and is designed to outlast the boss, eventually putting up a wall of Taunts that he is unable to penetrate and using Tree of Life to reset the game and finally grind him down.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Lord Victor Nefarius / Nefarian Druid Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 3,700 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Druid Cards||Neutral Cards|
2.1. Mana Curve
Mulligan hard for Naturalize and Poison Seeds in your opening hand. Grove Tender is also useful early as the Mana Ramp has no effect on your opponent, since they are already at 10 Mana. Having a Naturalise early is key, as without it you may find yourself overwhelmed too quickly to have any chance.
After the initial onslaught, you will start to counter your opponent with cards like Mind Control Tech, Poison Seeds, and Starfall to deal with his early pressure. Once you have survived this early onslaught, however, Nefarian runs out of steam very quickly due to the amount of cards he plays each turn. You want to avoid using Coldlight Oracle too early, instead saving it to finally fatigue him at the end of the fight.
Volcanic Lumberer is your key card for victory in this fight. Ideally you want to cast Poison Seeds on a large board, and then in the following turn use Starfall to heavily discount the cost of Volcanic Lumberer, and then summon it in into play using Innervate if required. Once you have achieved this swingy turn, the fight becomes quite simple, as Nefarian's deck is ill equipped for playing from behind.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #25
- Check out What's Coming up in the Next Few Months
- Tavern Brawl: Pick a Hand, Any Hand
- HGG Cheer: Win a Card Back, Packs & Twitch Emotes
- BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, Goody Bag, Mobile App, More
- Special Event: Rise for Days of the Frozen Throne!
- September 2018 Ranked Play Season - On the Level
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #24
- How do I post a deck?
- Basic Shaman Deck
- Hearthstone Hunter Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Malygos Rogue
- Puzzle Lab's Lethal Puzzles
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Monster Hunt Progress Thread
- Secret Paladin Wild