Basic Giantfin Mage Deck (Normal Mode)
Table of Contents
This deck can be used to defeat Giantfin on Normal Mode and contains only Basic cards. It contains multiple ways to trading favourably with 1 Health minions as well as playing a very low curve to keep your hand low.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Basic Giantfin Mage Deck (Normal Mode)
Our deck costs 0 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Mage Cards||Neutral Cards|
Export string: AAECAf0EAA9agQLTAoUDiwO/A/ADiwS0BJYFmgfQB+wHvAjZCgA= (copy to clipboard)
2.1. Mana Curve
The only problem that needs to be overcome with the Giantfin fight is his constant card draw from his Hero Power. To play around this effectively, this deck plays an extremely low curve that will allow you keep your hand as empty as possible and eliminate his card draw as a factor in the game.
Since his deck is Murloc-based and thrives on synergy, if he is unable to draw enough cards to reliably activate the synergies, he will easily be found wanting. Your deck contains numerous ways to deal with 1 Health minions like Elven Archer, Ironforge Rifleman, and Arcane Explosion, which will allow you to keep control of his minions early in the game. From here you will focus on maintaining minions on the board and then eventually use Frostwolf Warlord as a finisher.
If he is able to get ahead on board due to bad draws on your part, the deck does play Flamestrike to help you reset the board, but this should not be required in most games.
- Choose Your 2018 Hearthstone Summer Champion
- Tavern Brawl: Shadow Reflection
- Blizzard Dance & Cosplay Contest at Gamescom 2018
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #18
- Tavern Brawl: Rise of the Zombeasts
- Taverns of Time Event Is Live
- Free Pack Day: Jun 13 + Animated Short
- Hearthstone Patch 11.2 Clarifications & Hotfixes
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Odd Rogue
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Dungeon Run Guides for K&C
- Face (Aggro) Hunter Deck List
- Can you see it?
- Shaman Dungeon Run
- June 30th $10 Prize pool KO tournament