Cheap Temple Escape Druid Deck (Heroic Mode)
Table of Contents
This deck can be used to defeat Temple Escape on Heroic mode. It features numerous survival mechanisms and ways to take advantage of the fact that your opponent has no deck. It also plays a large number of different removal options that line up specifically against the threats the boss summons each turn.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Temple Escape Druid Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 3,160 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Druid Cards||Neutral Cards|
Export string: AAECAZICAA+6AekBnwP3BYUGoQbEBvgH+Qz+DYoO9Q+FEMsT6RUA (copy to clipboard)
2.1. Mana Curve
This is a heavily teched out deck built to help you defeat Temple Escape on Heroic mode. The key to this fight is simply survival, maintaining a board presence to pressure your opponent is completely irrelevant, and the only worthwhile minions are ones that have immediate effects to help you, or have Taunt.
You will need to Mulligan for some way to deal with the initial Boulderfist Ogre that is summoned. This can be Naturalize to destroy it or Annoy-o-Tron to wall it out. Deathlord and Mulch both also work since you are given the option to gain a Mana Crystal at the start of your turn 2. It should be noted that Naturalize has no drawback against this boss, but Mulch does still award your opponent a random minion, which they will play.
Moving forward the ferocity of your opponent's turns ramps up extremely quickly, but through use of your other removal spells, along with Big Game Hunters and Taunts, you should be able to maintain the board. Look out for the turn where the board is wiped by the Boulder Trap and remember that you do not have to react to the board the turn immediately before this happens since it will get swept anyway.
Choosing the option to 50/50 between taking 0 and 10 damage is always the correct option; just restart if you lose the roll. The other options between drawing cards and other effects depends on the quality of your hand.
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Odd & Even Hearthside Chat with 4 Cards Revealed
- Patch 10.4: Arena Changes & The Witchwood Pre-Order
- "The Witchwood" Announced As Latest Hearthstone Expansion
- Icy Veins Class Writer Applications Closing Soon
- What's the Move #18 - Figuring out Fatigue
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #11
- Patch 10.4 Bringing Big Changes, Blizzcon Cards To The Arena
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- Help me build this warrior
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard
- New player looking for deck building advice please