Cheap Zinaar Tempo Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
Table of Contents
This deck can be used to defeat Zinaar on Heroic mode. It is based around abusing Flamewaker alongside the 0-Mana spells you are granted each turn to swing the game on one key turn in the mid-game.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Zinaar Tempo Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 2,900 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Mage Cards||Neutral Cards|
Copy Export String to Clipboard
2.1. Mana Curve
Flamewaker Tempo Mage is one of the most efficient methods for defeating this boss. Your deck is packed with removal and strong tempo options to keep you in the game through the first few turns. After this, your goal is simply to wait until you draw Flamewaker and use it with the collection of 0-Mana Spells that the boss kindly grants you.
Mulligan for Mana Wyrm, Mad Scientist, Flamewaker and your cheap removal spells. Although Flamewaker will not an early play in this fight, it is still crucial enough to keep to make sure you have it when it is time to make your big swing play.
You should endeavour to save as many of the Wish cards as possible for your eventual Flamewaker turn. However, you can use one or two early on if you are out of options in your hand, or if it enables a strong trade with a Mana Wyrm.
Timing your Flamewaker turn is the most crucial part of this fight. Somewhere around turn 6 is usually correct. Zinaar will usually ignore any minions you play on earlier turns, meaning you can use turn 4 and 5 to build a few minions on the board and then clear your opponent's board completely on turn 6 or 7, leaving you with a huge advantage. The only thing to watch out for here is that you do not fall so low that Zinaar can simply finish you off with spells like Forgotten Torch or Rockbiter Weapon from his hand.
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal - Ticking Abomination
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Frost Festival Is Upon Us!
- The Lich King Opens Up an Ice Cream Shop [Video]
- Ben Brode AMA Summary: July 14
- Tavern Brawl: Clash of the Minions
- The Lich King Is Back, but not Good Enough [Video]
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Cheap Mage Standard
- HoF Discussions
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???