Cheap Giantfin Rogue Deck (Heroic Mode)
Table of Contents
This deck can be used defeat Giantfin on Heroic Mode. It is based on the constructed Mill Rogue but includes a much higher than usual level of AoE to help deal with Giantfin's constant board flooding.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Giantfin Rogue Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 6,600 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Rogue Cards||Neutral Cards|
Copy Export String to Clipboard
2.1. Mana Curve
Since Giantfin draws 2 additional cards on each turn, Mill is a natural strategy. Despite the fact that he has a 50-card deck, it is still comparatively easier to Mill him than a regular game in Constructed.
Mulligan for Backstab, Fan of Knives, Wild Pyromancer, and Coldlight Oracle, and simply aim to remove his board for as long as you can. Once you are able to play a Coldlight Oracle and cast either Gang Up or Shadowstep on it, you should do so, even if it does not Mill the opponent any cards. This is just to fill your own hand up on options to make sure you can continue to clear the opponent's board.
The overall goal is simply to play a board clear every turn and then eventually run your opponent out of cards. Although Giantfin is able to easily refill the board every turn, he has very few hard to remove minions. Murloc Warleader and Old Murk-Eye are the key targets for your removal like Eviscerate, while everything else can simply be cleaned up by any of your AoE effects, Vanish, or Wild Pyromancer.
Make sure to do the maths each turn once he starts approaching the end of his deck, and remember that at the start of his turn he will draw 3 additional fatigue cards taking additional damage. Using this information, it is very easy to kill Giantfin from even a very high health total.
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Frost Festival Is Upon Us!
- The Lich King Opens Up an Ice Cream Shop [Video]
- Ben Brode AMA Summary: July 14
- Tavern Brawl: Clash of the Minions
- The Lich King Is Back, but not Good Enough [Video]
- Frost Festival: Free Arena Run & KOTF Packs
- HoF Discussions
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???
- Taunt Quest Warrior Deck List