Cheap Ragnaros/Executus Paladin Deck (Heroic Mode)
Table of Contents
- 1. About the Author
- +2. Cheap Ragnaros/Executus Paladin Deck (Heroic Mode)
- 3. Strategy
This deck can be used to easily defeat Heroic-mode Ragnaros/Executus in Blackrock Mountain. It is very cheap, costing only 5,780 Arcane Dust to make. The deck contains mostly Paladin cards that will help you build a board that can kill both Executus and Ragnaros in the same turn.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Ragnaros/Executus Paladin Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 5,780 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Paladin Cards||Neutral Cards|
Copy Export String to Clipboard
2.1. Mana Curve
On Heroic Mode, the Ragnaros form of this boss is simply too overwhelming to defeat fairly. So this deck's strategy is to kill both the Majordomo Executus and Ragnaros the Firelord forms in the same turn, bypassing the power of Ragnaros and not giving him a chance to affect the game.
Defeating the Majordomo Executus form is a challenge in itself, due to his Hero Power summoning a 2-Mana 3/3 Flamewaker Acolyte every turn. This deck is based around survival against Majordomo, simply limiting his advantage in the early turns, until you are able to gain control of the board. As long as you can survive the early flood of 3/3s with your own minions, Truesilver Champion, Seal of Light, and Consecration, eventually Majordomo will run out of momentum.
The reason for this, is that his deck contains a large quantity of Molten Giants, so as long as you do not lower his health below 20, he will soon run out of minions to play. During this time you can build your own huge board to take control of the game, however, you should refrain from attacking Majordomo directly during this period.
Once you have full control of the game, your goal is to buff up your minions using combinations of Blessing of Might, Blessing of Kings, and Blessed Champion, with the eventual goal to have enough damage on board to kill Majordomo before activating his Molten Giants, and have 60 damage left over to kill Ragnaros in one shot. This may sound difficult, but can be achieved very easily once you are in control of the board.
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal - Ticking Abomination
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Frost Festival Is Upon Us!
- The Lich King Opens Up an Ice Cream Shop [Video]
- Ben Brode AMA Summary: July 14
- Tavern Brawl: Clash of the Minions
- The Lich King Is Back, but not Good Enough [Video]
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Cheap Mage Standard
- HoF Discussions
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???