Cheap Vaelastrasz the Corrupt Hunter Deck (Heroic Mode)
Table of Contents
- 1. About the Author
- +2. Cheap Vaelastrasz the Corrupt Hunter Deck (Heroic Mode)
- 3. Strategy
This deck can be used to defeat Vaelastrasz on Heroic mode. It plays an extraordinarily low curve in order to counteract the strategy of the Boss by making it extremely difficult for him to overdraw you.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Vaelastrasz the Corrupt Hunter Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 1,040 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Hunter Cards||Neutral Cards|
Copy Export String to Clipboard
2.1. Mana Curve
The Strategy of this deck is very straightforward. You will simply aim to flood the board with multiple cheap minions on each turn, and eventually overwhelm Vaelastrasz with repetitive damage. You play such a low curve that even by turn 2 or 3, you can find yourself playing 3 or more cards on each turn, countering the effects of his Hero Power.
Mulligan hard for your 0 Cost cards, throwing away anything that costs 1 or more. Since almost your entire deck costs 1 or less, you will always have 1-drops to play. The only important cards to hold in your hand are Hunter's Mark and Explosive Trap, which help you to counter the large minions that your opponent will play. If you are lucky however, you may never encounter Clockwork Giants, since your deck is so low curve, you can usually keep them at quite a high Mana cost.
Continue to unload your hand onto the board on every turn, the best play is more often than not the one that uses the most cards, and simply ignore your opponent's board, picking up trades only when it is extremely favourable to do so, and you should win in a straight race for damage situation.
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Frost Festival Is Upon Us!
- The Lich King Opens Up an Ice Cream Shop [Video]
- Ben Brode AMA Summary: July 14
- Tavern Brawl: Clash of the Minions
- The Lich King Is Back, but not Good Enough [Video]
- Frost Festival: Free Arena Run & KOTF Packs
- HoF Discussions
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???
- Taunt Quest Warrior Deck List