Monk Dragonflight Leveling Guide from 1 to 70
Table of Contents
- 1. Leveling in Dragonflight
- 2. Best Leveling Spec for Monks in Dragonflight
- 3. Baseline Ability Unlocks for Monk Leveling in Dragonflight
- 4. Best Heirloom Items for Monk Leveling
- 5. Changelog
Leveling in Dragonflight
Welcome to our Monk leveling guide. Here you will find all you need to know to level up your Monk efficiently. In addition, you may wish to check out our general Leveling guide, complete with detailed information on XP, mounts, addons, consumables, tips, and more. We encourage to read it to increase your leveling speed even more.
Leveling as a Monk is pretty simple, and there are many routes one can take in doing so. If you prefer group content, then you can play either Brewmaster or Mistweaver in order do queue for dungeons more quickly. Conversely if you prefer solo-leveling or just DPSing in general, Windwalker boasts a toolkit perfect for gathering large groups of quest mobs and AoEing them down quickly, while also remaining fairly healthy because of Afterlife.
Best Leveling Spec for Monks in Dragonflight
While it is mostly a matter of personal preference, generally Windwalker will be the quickest, given the normal leveling route of doing quests and unlocking the story. That being said, flexibility can be very beneficial, so having the ability to swap specs in order to do a dungeon quest can drastically lower the amount of time spent waiting around in queue.
In the open-world, both Windwalker and Brewmaster are viable options for questing. Windwalker, for reasons mentioned above, is suited to leveling purely on the basis of it being a DPS spec, as well as having great tools for self-sustain. Brewmaster also can be an efficient choice due to its ability to pull larger groups of enemies, while using its durability to outlast them.
Generally, Mistweaver is not a recommended spec for open-world leveling, as their damage is significantly lower than the other two options. However, Mistweaver is very good at killing elite mobs with high Health totals, because Mistweavers can usually out-heal the incoming damage while slowly whittling down their opponent. If you find yourself against a tough quest that might be meant for 3-5 players, consider swapping to Mistweaver. It will be slow, but you will be able to outlast most elite mobs.
Baseline Ability Unlocks for Monk Leveling in Dragonflight
- At level 2, you unlock Blackout Kick. This is the default damage spender for Monks.
- At level 3, you unlock Roll. This will help you close the gap between yourself and an enemy, or to escape a dangerous situation.
- At level 4, you unlock Vivify. This is the baseline Monk heal, that will gain functionality for Mistweavers as they level up.
- At level 5, you unlock Crackling Jade Lightning, a ranged ability usually only used to engage foes who are at a distance.
- At level 6, you unlock Leg Sweep. It is a simple AoE stun centered on the caster.
- At level 7, you unlock Spinning Crane Kick. This deals damage in an area around the Monk. As Windwalkers and Brewmasters level, this ability gains functionality.
- At level 8, you unlock Expel Harm. This is a self heal that deals damage to a nearby enemy for 10% of the amount healed. Usage of this ability will vary based on the spec.
- At level 9, you unlock Provoke which taunts an enemy into attacking you.
- At level 10, you unlock Touch of Death. This will instantly kill an enemy with lower Health than you.
- At level 11, you unlock Zen Pilgrimage. This allows you to teleport back and forth between your Monk's temple.
- At level 13, you unlock Resuscitate, allowing you to resurrect a fallen ally.
- At level 49, you unlock Mystic Touch, causing your damage to debuff enemies, increasing the amount of damage they take from Physical sources by 5%.
Best Heirloom Items for Monk Leveling
When selecting your Heirlooms, you want to consider which spec you will likely spend the most time playing during your leveling experience. While Brewmasters get good usage out of haste for their DPS, both Windwalkers and Mistweavers do not get as much benefit from haste. As such it is probably the best option to favor pieces with Critical Strike and Versatility. For more information on Heirlooms such as where to obtain them, or what stats they provide, check out the link below.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Classic Community Council Chat: December 8th
- Ashenvale PvP Event Bug Being Worked On
- New Night Elf Child Model Added in Patch 10.2.5
- Updated Map of Amirdrassil on the 10.2.5 PTR
- Dark Ranger General's (Sylvanas) Transmog Set in Patch 10.2.5
- Bel'ameth is A Neutral City in Patch 10.2.5
- Patch 10.2.5 Development Notes: December 8th
- Shadowfang Keep Soloed By Metamorphosis Warlock in Season of Discovery
- Arms Warrior PvE
- Time Rifts Guide
- Help to a frustrated Havoc DH
- Affliction Warlock Leveling
- Problem with Drain Soul