Brewmaster Monk Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.0.2)
During leveling, item level is even more important than normal on your Brewmaster. You should always pick the item with a higher level, with the possible exceptions of jewelry and trinkets. For these slots, you may wish to select the item that is providing more Critical Strike or Versatility. On trinkets you have the opportunity to experiment with various effects, so pick whatever you desire if it is reasonably close to your item level.
Level-By-Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Brewmaster Monk Talents While Leveling
Talents are additional effects and abilities that can give you access to more tools in your spellbook. They are unlocked on a regular basis as you level.
You will unlock your first talent point once you reach Level 10.
Your talent set up should be as follows with each talent point as you unlock them. Note that these recommendations may differ from what is shown in our main guide for a maximum-level player.
Rotation/Ability Priority to Level Up as a Brewmaster Monk
From Level 1, your lone ability is Tiger Palm.
- (Optional): Tag an enemy with Crackling Jade Lightning to have it move toward you, provided you immediately cancel the ability after casting.
- (Optional): Use Provoke to force an enemy to run to you or briefly "tag" them with Crackling Jade Lightning, provided you immediately cancel its cast afterward.
- (Optional): Use Provoke to force an enemy to run to you at high speed with Hasty Provocation or briefly "tag" them with Crackling Jade Lightning, provided you immediately cancel its cast afterward. You can also use Clash, if talented, to force an enemy to charge at you.
- (Optional): Use Provoke to force an enemy to run to you at high speed or briefly "tag" them with Crackling Jade Lightning, provided you immediately cancel its cast afterward. If you are using Summon Black Ox Statue, place it near multiple enemies to get all of their attention at once.
- If talented, use Rushing Jade Wind or throw Exploding Keg before directly engaging your targets.
- (Optional): Use Touch of Death to instantly kill the target if it is usable. Recommended for tougher enemies.
- (Optional): Use Touch of Death to instantly kill weaker enemies, or elite foes below 15% Health.
- Cast Invoke Niuzao, the Black Ox to increase your damage dealt and reduce your damage taken.
- Cast Bonedust Brew or Weapons of Order, if talented, to deal additional damage to your targets. Stand near your enemies when casting Weapons of Order with Chi Surge talented to reduce its cooldown.
- Cast Keg Smash as your opening ability when entering combat.
- Cast Blackout Kick whenever it is available.
- Cast Breath of Fire on enemies that have been hit by Keg Smash to have them deal less damage to you.
- Cast Rising Sun Kick whenever it is available.
- Cast Expel Harm as necessary to offset your damage taken.
- Cast Chi Burst, if talented, on cooldown to deal more damage and heal yourself.
- Cast Tiger Palm in your spare time, but do not go below 40 Energy.
- Cast Tiger Palm in your spare time if fighting one target, but do not go below 40 Energy.
- Cast Spinning Crane Kick in your spare time if fighting multiple targets, but do not go below 40 Energy.
- Cast Expel Harm if you are in need of healing to gather your Gift of the Ox spheres.
- Maintain Shuffle by continuing to cast Blackout Kick and Keg Smash on cooldown to smooth out your damage taken.
- Cast Purifying Brew on cooldown , saving one charge for emergencies, when actively fighting an enemy and suffering damage from Stagger.
- Cast Celestial Brew on cooldown to temporarily absorb all damage taken.
- Cast Celestial Brew after using your initial Purifying Brew charges to increase its size with the stacks of Purified Chi received. Use it on cooldown otherwise.
Summary of Unlocked Abilities for Brewmaster Monks
To avoid this summary becoming overly-long, only key rotational abilities from talents and leveling bonuses unique to Brewmaster Monks will be shown. To see every ability, please visit the Spell Summary of the main guide.
- At Level 10, your Tiger Palm and Spinning Crane Kick now cost 25 Energy each rather than 50 and 40.
- Also at Level 10, your Blackout Kick has its cooldown increased to 4 seconds from 3.
- Finally at Level 10, you unlock access to the Mastery stat and your Mastery: Elusive Brawler. This gives you a chance to dodge attacks that increases until you successfully dodge. It also increases your Attack Power.
- At Level 11, you unlock Keg Smash. This is your primary ability as a Brewmaster, and will grant 5 seconds of Shuffle when used.
- At Level 13, you unlock Stagger, which acts as your unique defensive tool. A portion of all Physical damage you receive will instead be turned into a 10-second damage-over-time effect.
- At level 15, you unlock Shuffle. This passive effect will cause Blackout Kick to temporarily increase the amount of damage you Stagger.
- At Level 23, you unlock Purifying Brew. This ability acts as your main way to reduce the amount of damage you are taking from the Stagger effect and its cooldown is reduced by using Keg Smash and Tiger Palm.
- At Level 19, you unlock the Brewmaster's Balance Passive, which increases your total Armor by 25%.
- At Level 19, you can unlock Gift of the Ox, occasionally spawning healing spheres when taking damage.
- At Level 27, you can unlock Celestial Brew, allowing you to temporarily create a shield that absorbs all damage received. Its cooldown is reduced by using Keg Smash and Tiger Palm.
- At Level 29, you can unlock Breath of Fire, which will temporarily burn enemies you have recently Keg Smashed and reduce their damage dealt to you by 5%.
- At Level 29, you can unlock Celestial Brew Rank 2, which allows your Purifying Brew to generate stacks of Purified Chi that increase the size of Celestial Brew's shield.
- At Level 29, you can unlock Improved Purifying Brew, giving the ability a second charge.
- At Level 43, you can unlock Invoke Niuzao, the Black Ox. This cooldown summons a ghostly Ox that deals damage and takes on a portion of your Stagger.
- At Level 43, you unlock Expel Harm Rank 2, reducing its cooldown by 10 seconds and causing it to also automatically pick up any Gift of the Ox spheres that are present.
- At Level 46, you unlock Celestial Fortune, causing all healing received to heal for 65% more, based on your Critical Strike.
- At Level 52, you unlock Touch of Death Rank 3, which causes it to remove Stagger based on the damage dealt.
War Mode Talents to Level Up as a Brewmaster Monk
If you are willing to utilize War Mode, the following PvP talents are recommended during leveling or for other open-world content. There may be times where you would like to use other options, and are encouraged to experiment! PvP talents can be freely changed at any time.
Your first PvP talent slot will unlock at Level 20, your second at Level 30, and the final at Level 40.
Recommended Brewmaster PvP Talents
- Double Barrel will allow you to frequently increase the damage of your Keg Smash and also allow it to stun everything it hits. It can also be used in a macro to make it effectively a passive benefit.
- Incendiary Breath can be combined with the Sal'salabim's Strength talent for a noticeable damage increase, along with giving your Breath of Fire an additional disorient effect.
- Alpha Tiger can provide you with a lot of additional Haste since you are fighting many different targets while leveling; just remember that you will need to use Tiger Palm once per target to activate it!
The End Game
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for leveling to 70 in Dragonflight.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- The True Endboss of Dragonflight Is... Trees?
- All Dragonscale Expedition Flag Locations for Easy 5,000 Reputation
- Doubleagent Has Just Reached Level 66
- Join Us on Twitch for Episode 2 of the Icy Veins Podcast
- BtWQuests Addon for Dragonflight
- How to Get the Secret Scrappy Worldsnail Mount in Dragonflight
- Darkmoon Profession Quests Now Available on Live Servers
- Alchemy Experimentation Reportedly Re-Enabled