Preservation Evoker Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 58 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.2.5)
In most cases, you will want to prioritize item level as you are going through the leveling process. This means selecting whatever has the highest item level. There is one exception to this rule, and that is when you have a ring or neck with only 1 secondary stat instead of having 2. In these rare cases, selecting the item with the lower item level is acceptable.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as a Preservation Evoker
Rotation to Level Up as a Preservation Evoker
Preservation Evokers have most of their core abilities available to them once they begin leveling.
- Use Deep Breath on cooldown for large AoE damage.
- Use Fire Breath on cooldown.
- Use Disintegrate whenever you have the Essence for it.
- Cast Living Flame when you have no Essence and Fire Breath is on cooldown.
Once you complete the starting zone for Evoker, you will be able to queue for dungeons. If you are interested in an in-depth rotation breakdown, you can check out our rotation page. Otherwise, we have a summary of how to use some of the healing spells available to Preservation Evoker:
- Cast Echo to apply the buff to allies and spend essence.
- Use Reversion on cooldown.
- Cast Verdant Embrace for a quick single-target heal.
- Use Spiritbloom to heal single-target damage.
- Cast Dream Breath to heal your party as long as they are within the radius.
- Cast Rewind during massive party-wide damage.
- Use Stasis to store healing and recast it whenever your party takes large damage.
- Use your DPS rotation (detailed above) if no healing is required.
While leveling, Echo can realistically be consumed with any abilities , but your best choices will be similar to that of Mythic+. Using it on Reversion will give you strong passive healing, Verdant Embrace will give you more burst healing, and Dream Breath gives you some extra healing over time as well. You should experiment with all of them and just get used to pressing different kinds of abilities while leveling. The more you experiment, the more you learn , and the better you will become once you reach max level.
Summary of Unlocked Abilities for Preservation Evoker
To prevent cluttering the guide with a lot of the same information, we recommend you take a look at our dedicated spell page, which will provide you with more in-depth information on Preservation Evoker spells.
Preservation Evoker War Mode Talents for Leveling
Here you will find information on the best PvP talents for both leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content.
Preservation Evoker PvP Talents for Leveling
- Dream Projection is a powerful cooldown that will place a large HoT on yourself and allies.
- Unburdened Flight is useful for kiting enemies and running away to prevent being staggered.
- Swoop Up can be useful in moving you and one of your party members around.
Preservation Evoker PvP talents do not provide much benefit to speed up the leveling process. Their sole use is for utility purposes, and overall, these talents will not greatly improve or hinder your leveling speed.
Best Heirloom Items for Preservation Evoker Leveling
When deciding on which heirlooms to purchase or use, you will want to target items that offer Crit or Haste. Both those stats provide significant DPS increases and make Healing on Preservation Evoker feel a lot better.
You should equip new quest rewards when their item level starts beating out your previous set of gear.
There are several consumable items that can be purchased that will help you with your leveling speed.
- Gunshoes are a mandatory item for leveling. They provide an extremely large movement speed increase. It is a bonus comparable to what you get when flying. It is highly recommended you stock up on these items when leveling in Dragonflight.
- Goblin Glider Kit can be a lifesaver when jumping off large cliffs or when you want to cover a long distance.
The Gunshoes will not let you stop moving as long as they are active. Using this macro twice will click the buff off and allow you to stop.
- /use Gunshoes
- /cancelaura Gunshoes
- 15 Jan. 2024: Reviewed for Patch 10.2.5.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Apr. 2023: Leveling build updated.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Page added.
- Dragonflight 10.2.5 and Season of Discovery Hotfixes, February 21st
- Warmace of Shirvallah (Hidden Enhancement Shaman Artifact Appearance) Available This Week
- Season 3 Patch 10.2.5 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 5
- Heroic Fyrakk Kill Yields 6 Fyr'alaths After Bad Luck Protection Buff
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Player Hits Jackpot: A Decade of Rare Mounts in Just Days!
- Embers of Fyr'alath Effects Buffed
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th