Affliction Warlock PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.1)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Warlock PvP guide.
Affliction Warlocks in the Current Meta
Affliction Warlocks are in a difficult spot against melee in the Arena. However, they perform well into casters and have the the potential to do incredible amounts of spread damage. If left alone for a few seconds, they can easily apply their DoTs to multiple targets and begin melting entire teams simultaneously. If an Affliction Warlock is being focused by enemies, they take a lot of damage but have great mobility in order to get away and continue dealing out spread pressure.
Strengths of Affliction Warlocks
- Great spread damage
- Strong mobility
- Multiple interrupts
Weaknesses of Affliction Warlocks
- Struggle to stay alive against melee teams
- Lack of reliable crowd control
- Weak single target damage and burst
- Very few defensive cooldowns
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Affliction Warlock PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Affliction Warlock PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (opener, burst damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Affliction Warlock PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Affliction Warlock PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Affliction Warlock PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Affliction Warlocks in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Affliction Warlock PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Affliction Warlocks.
- On the Affliction Warlock Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Affliction Warlocks, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.1.
- 30 Mar. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.0.5.
- 27 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1
- 29 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Complete "That's the Spirit" Achievement Before Patch 9.1.5 Goes Live
- Timewalking Mage Tower Not Coming Until Early December
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: October 21st
- Official 9.1.5 Patch Notes
- Patch 9.1.5 Release Date is Novemeber 2nd/3rd!
- Official Preview of the Timewalking Mage Tower
- Kill Dunegorger Kraulok This Week for a Chance at Mollie the Alpaca Mount
- Warrior Mage Tower Set in Patch 9.1.5