Affliction Warlock PvP Guide in Battle for Azeroth (Shadowlands 9.0.2)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Warlock PvP guide.
Affliction Warlocks in the Current Meta
Affliction Warlocks are in a difficult spot versus melee teams in terms of 3v3 Arena. However, when they fighting against teams with casters on it, they have the potential to do incredible amounts of spread damage. If left unchecked for even a few seconds, they can easily apply their DoTs and begin melting entire teams. Even if an Affliction Warlock is being focused by enemies, most of their damage is instant and will slowly pressure down teams.
Strengths of Affliction Warlocks
- Great spread damage
- Strong crowd control
- Multiple interrupts
Weaknesses of Affliction Warlocks
- Lack of mobility
- Struggle to stay alive against melee teams
- Very few defensive cooldowns
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Affliction Warlock PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Affliction Warlock PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (opener, burst damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Affliction Warlock PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Affliction Warlock PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Affliction Warlock PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Affliction Warlocks in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Affliction Warlock PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Affliction Warlocks.
- On the Affliction Warlock Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Affliction Warlocks, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A Cool Way to Enter the Venthyr Covenant Sanctum in Sinfall
- Want to Know How Many Times You've Tried to Mount in the Maw but Couldn't?
- Torghast Boss One-shots, Cheesing, Crazy DPS and More
- Fast Plaguefall Hunter Legendary Farm Method
- Most Popular Classes and Specializations in Shadowlands on Icy Veins
- New In-Game Player Memorials in Silvermoon City?
- Sinrunner Blanchy's Alive Form Discovered
- Varok Saurfang's Mak'gora Cinematic Upscaled to 4K