Frost Death Knight PvP Guide in Battle for Azeroth (Shadowlands 9.0.2)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
Frost Death Knights in the Current Meta
Frost Death Knight offers powerful sustained damage (mostly in the form of cleave), and a situationally-impressive utility toolkit. It also boasts enormous survivability. Frost DK has arguably the most powerful movement disruption out of all specs and shuts down most classes that rely on their mobility to do well.
Strengths of Frost Death Knights
- Strong burst damage
- Powerful AoE setups
- Unmatched anti-mobility toolkit
- Defensives with CC prevention
Weaknesses of Frost Death Knights
- Limited crowd control
- Predictable burst damage
- Little to no mobility
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Frost Death Knight PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Frost Death Knight PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (damaging, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Frost Death Knight PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Frost Death Knight PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Frost Death Knight PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Frost Death Knights in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Frost Death Knight PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Frost Death Knights.
- On the Frost Death Knight Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Frost Death Knights, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 05 Dec. 2020: Guide ready for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 12 Nov. 2020: Updates made under new writer.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- An Excellent Class and Spec Pick Flowchart Meme (Or Is it?)
- There Are Worse Fates than Being Carried by a Kyrian...
- Players Manipulate Turn Speed Variable while Mind Controlling Others
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 15th
- How to Get Raid, PvP and Any Legendary Memories Without Doing the Related Activity
- How to Loot Faster in World of Warcraft
- How to Fool Bots With Toys
- Patch 9.1 Will Be Released in Spring 2021