Frost Death Knight PvP Guide in Battle for Azeroth (BfA 8.3)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
Frost Death Knights in the Current Meta
Frost Death Knights are a force to be reckoned with in arena. They have the ability to singlehandedly force defensive cooldowns from enemies and have some of the strongest sustained damage outside of burst cooldowns. Even when a Frost Death Knight does not have offensive cooldowns active they can still force defensives with the large amounts of damage they can do.
Strengths of Frost Death Knights
- Strong burst damage
- Powerful cleave damage
- Great survivability
Weaknesses of Frost Death Knights
- Limited crowd control
- Predictable burst damage
- Little to no mobility
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Frost Death Knight PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Frost Death Knight PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (damaging, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Frost Death Knight PvP Azerite Traits and Essences page, you will find advice on choosing the best essence powers and the best azerite traits.
- On the Frost Death Knight PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets and Azerite gear.
- On the Frost Death Knight PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Frost Death Knights in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Frost Death Knight PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Frost Death Knights.
- On the Frost Death Knight Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Frost Death Knights, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 09 Feb. 2020: Updated Strengths and Weaknesses.
- 28 Jan. 2020: Reorganized the guide in 7 different pages.
- 16 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for patch 8.3 and no updates were necessary.
- 24 Aug. 2019: Updated Horde races.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Updated Alliance races.
- 24 Jul. 2019: Updated Guide for Patch 8.2.
- Added Azerite Essence section.
- Added Major and Minor Essences sections.
- Updated Gear section.
- Updated Talent Table
- Updated Tiers 56, 58, 75, 90 and 100 regular talents.
- Updated PvP talents.
- Updated Burst and sustained damage rotations.
- Updated Defensives.
- 28 Apr. 2019: Updated Azerite Traits section.
- 14 Mar. 2019: No major changes needed for Patch 8.1.5.
- 09 Feb. 2019: Updated Azerite Traits and Gear Recommendations.
- 12 Jan. 2019: Updated Guide for Patch 8.1.
- Updated Stat Priority.
- Updated Azerite Traits.
- Updated PvP talents.
- Updated Racial Bonuses.
- Updated Defensives section.
- Updated Best Team Compositions.
- 31 Oct. 2018: Added Gear Recommendation section.
- 26 Oct. 2018: Updated guide for Patch 8.0.1.
- Added stat priority and Azerite traits sections, and talent table.
- Updated all regular talents sections.
- Updated Racial Bonuses, Burst Damage, and Sustained Damage sections.
- Updated Defensives and Macros sections.
- Removed Gear and Artifact Traits and Relics sections.
- 16 May 2018: Added an Arena Compositions section.
- 30 Mar. 2018: Made several updates to the guide and its structure.
- Added sections for Macros, Strengths, and Weaknesses.
- Moved Gear, Artifact Traits, and Relics sections to the end, since they are not that important.
- 02 Feb. 2018: No major changes needed for Patch 7.3.5.
- 24 Dec. 2017: No major changes needed for Patch 7.3.2.
- 23 Sep. 2017: Several changes needed for Patch 7.3
- Removed Artifact Trait descriptions.
- Changed recommended tier 2 regular talents.
- Changed recommended tier 6 honor talents.
- Updated burst and sustained damage rotations.
- 09 Jun. 2017: Frost Death Knight PvP Guide was created.
- Encrypted Shadowlands Alpha Build 18.104.22.168411
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 19th
- WoW Shadowlands Alpha Added to Battle.net Catalog
- Ny'alotha Mythic WF Race, Conclusion: Top 10, N'Zoth Nerf, Limit Tank Goes to Method, Asia Upset and More
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: February 19th
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 18th
- Burning Crusade Timewalking Event (February 18th - February 25th)
- UI API Change for UnitHealth
- Unholy Aoe Question
- Rustbolt Resistance
- Demonology Warlock 8.3
- Colossus Smash!?
- Protection Warrior 8.3
- Mage Leveling Guide