Discipline Priest Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 60 (Dragonflight 10.2)
When leveling as a Discipline Priest, always target the gear with the highest item level available. Looking for specific stats on leveling gear will not matter, as you will most likely have a fairly large item level gap on items when you get another of the same slot.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level up as a Discipline Priest
Your first talent point unlocks at Level 10.
Your talent setup should be as follows if you plan on questing and doing open-world content.
- Level 10: Shadow Word: Death
- Level 11: Atonement
- Level 12: Death and Madness
- Level 13: Power of the Dark Side
- Level 14: Improved Flash Heal
- Level 15: Power Word: Radiance
- Level 16: Angelic Feather
- Level 17: Schism
- Level 18: From Darkness Comes Light
- Level 19: Dark Indulgence
- Level 20: Sheer Terror
- Level 21: Sanctuary
- Level 22: Holy Nova
- Level 23: Painful Punishment
- Level 24: Spell Warding
- Level 25: Light's Promise
- Level 26: Power Infusion
- Level 27: Bright Pupil
- Level 28: Void Shield
- Level 29: Purge the Wicked
- Level 30: Throes of Pain
- Level 31: Revel in Purity
- Level 32: Throes of Pain
- Level 33: Rapture
- Level 34: Twist of Fate
- Level 35: Pain and Suffering
- Level 36: Twist of Fate
- Level 37: Pain and Suffering
- Level 38: Body and Soul
- Level 39: Castigation
- Level 40: Rhapsody
- Level 41: Abyssal Reverie
- Level 42: Unwavering Will
- Level 43: Abyssal Reverie
- Level 44: Unwavering Will
- Level 45: Borrowed Time
- Level 46: Words of the Pious
- Level 47: Borrowed Time
- Level 48: Twins of the Sun Priestess
- Level 49: Pain Suppression
- Level 50: Divine Star
- Level 51: Void Summoner
- Level 52: Crystalline Reflection
- Level 53: Inescapable Torment
- Level 54: Crystalline Reflection
- Level 55: Mindbender
- Level 56: Essence Devourer
- Level 57: Lenience
- Level 58: Angel's Mercy
- Level 59: Train of Thought
- Level 60: Surge of Light
- Level 61: Harsh Discipline
- Level 62: Surge of Light
- Level 63: Harsh Discipline
- Level 64: Power Word: Life
- Level 65: Blaze of Light
- Level 66: Translucent Image
- Level 67: Blaze of Light
- Level 68: Light's Inspiration
- Level 69: Divine Aegis
- Level 70: Light's Inspiration
Rotation to Level Up as a Discipline Priest
- Cast Power Word: Shield on yourself if your hp has begun to drop.
- Cast Power Infusion on cooldown.
- Maintain Shadow Word: Pain / Purge the Wicked on all targets unless the target will die before a significant portion of the DoT ticks.
- Cast Shadowfiend/ Mindbender on cooldown unless you need to hold it for healing purposes.
- Cast Shadow Word: Death if the target is below 20% hp. Be careful you do not kill yourself with this spell.
- Cast Penance on cooldown.
- Cast Divine Star on cooldown.
- Cast Mind Blast on cooldown.
- Cast Smite as your filler.
Starting at level 15, you can queue for dungeons with the in-game group finder. As a healer, this will be the faster method of leveling as well as giving you valuable experience in healing as a Discipline Priest. The following is a general priority list of healing spells in dungeons:
- Cast Power Word: Shield on cooldown if a player is taking damage.
- Cast Power Word: Radiance when it is available and you have multiple people that need Atonement at the same time.
- Cast Flash Heal when you need to direct heal someone or to apply Atonement.
In addition to these baseline abilities, there is a passive effect that is crucial to understand leveling as a Discipline Priest:
Atonement causes your damaging spells to heal all targets with Atonement on them. It is crucial that you DPS to utilize your Atonements applied instead of getting stuck in the habit of spamming direct heals. Follow the healing spell priority list above to apply Atonement, and then once all players taking damage have Atonement on them, follow the damage spell priority list.
Discipline Priest War Mode Talents for Leveling
- Inner Light and Shadow is a toggleable ability that grants you either 10% increased spell damage and Atonement healing or 15% less Mana cost on healing spells. Leaving this on the damage increase portion while leveling will result in a solid DPS and survivability gain.
- Eternal Rest reduces the cooldown of Shadow Word: Death by 12 seconds, giving you access to this powerful spell much more often.
- Dark Archangel increases your damage and the damage of all allies with your Atonement by 15% for 8 seconds. This is great for small group world content where giving your group a DPS buff will be more impactful than taking a small boost to your own damage via any of the above three talents.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 12 Jul. 2023: Fixed talent tree issue.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Liquid World 2nd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and Amirdrassil 9/9
- Fyr'alath Legendary Axe Revealed After Mythic Fyrakk Kill
- Echo Claim the Fyrakk Mythic World First and Win the Amirdrassil RWF!
- Liquid Grab Their Own 1% Wipe, 0.09% Better Than Echo's!
- Insane 1% Wipe From Echo on Fyrakk
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 3 Week 2
- Mythic+ Affix Rotation for Dragonflight Season 3
- New Explorer's Cosmetic Weapons Coming in Patch 10.2.5