Arms Warrior Shadowlands Leveling Guide From 1 to 60
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Arms Warrior Talents while leveling
Talents are something that will give you options to optimize your character and change how some of the abilities work.
Your first talent row unlocks at Level 15.
Your talent set up should be as follows:
- Level 15: War Machine to reduce downtime between combat.
- Level 25: Double Time to increase mobility.
- Level 30: Fervor of Battle to simplify the rotation.
- Level 35: Bounding Stride for increased mobility.
- Level 40: Cleave for better multitarget.
- Level 45: In For The Kill or whichever option you prefer.
- Level 50: Dreadnaught for better multitarget.
Rotation/Ability Priority to Level Up as a Arms Warrior
Starting at Level 1, you only have one active ability: Slam.
- Cast Charge to initiate combat whenever possible.
- Victory Rush activates whenever an enemy is killed. Use it to heal yourself.
- Cast Shield Slam to deal damage.
- Cast Execute when enemies are below 20% health.
- Cast Sweeping Strikes to hit a second target with single target attacks.
- Cast Colossus Smash to increase damage against the primary target.
- Cast Bladestorm against groups of enemies or individual strong targets.
- Cast Overpower as a free filler and to increase the damage of Mortal Strike or Cleave.
- Cast Cleave as the primary multitarget target ability and to trigger Deep Wounds.
- Cast Mortal Strike as the primary single target ability and to trigger Deep Wounds.
- Use Whirlwind to spend excess Rage.
- Use Whirlwind to spend excess Rage against multiple targets.
- Cast Slam to spend excess Rage against single targets.
Summary of Unlocked Abilities for Arms Warriors
You unlock your first ability of interest at Level 2.
- At Level 2, you unlock Charge. It is both a mobility tool and Rage generator, and should be used to initiate combat whenever possible.
- At Level 3, you unlock Shield Slam. This is your primary attack which should be kept on cooldown as much as possible.
- At Level 4, you unlock Hamstring. This will allow you to slow down a single enemy when needed so you can get some distance.
- At Level 5, you unlock Victory Rush. This is your primary heal, usable whenever an enemy is killed and useful for chaining combat between multiple enemies.
- At Level 6, you unlock Shield Block. It is a defensive ability that costs Rage, which allows you to block incoming physical attacks.
- At Level 6, you also unlock Execute via a Quest called "A Warrior's End". It is a high damage combat finisher, normally usable when the target is below 20% health.
- At Level 7, you unlock Pummel, which interrupts enemy spellcasting and stops their ability to cast for a short time.
- At Level 8, you unlock Charge, this will make Charge generate 10 more Rage.
- At Level 9, you unlock Whirlwind. This is a AoE ability that hits up to 5 enemies and costs Rage.
- At Level 10, you unlock Mortal Strike which generates Rage and enables the mastery through Deep Wounds.
- At Level 10, you unlock Mastery: Deep Wounds which increases the target's damage taken while Deep Wounds is active.
- At Level 11, you unlock Victory Rush. Rank 2 increases the heal by an additional 10%.
- At Level 13, you unlock Execute, which removes the cooldown.
- At Level 14, you unlock Taunt, a threat tool which forces the enemy to focus and attack you.
- At Level 17, you unlock Ignore Pain. This is a defensive ability which allows you to spend Rage in order to absorb incoming damage.
- At Level 18, you unlock Execute, which causes it to refund a portion of Rage spent against targets which survive the attack.
- At Level 19, you unlock Colossus Smash, the primary offensive cooldown, which increases the target's damage taken while also inflicting Deep Wounds.
- At Level 20, you unlock Slam, which increases the damage done by 60%.
- At Level 21, you unlock Piercing Howl, an AoE snare which significnatly slows all nearby enemies.
- At Level 22, you unlock Shield Block. This makes it so Shield Block now has 2 charges.
- At Level 22, you unlock Sweeping Strikes, an activated ability which makes single target attacks hit a second target for a short time.
- At Level 23, you unlock Die by the Sword, the core defensive ability which also parries frontal attacks.
- At Level 24, you unlock Heroic Throw, a ranged attack which deals very low damage, primarily used to pull targets from a distance.
- At Level 27, you unlock Seasoned Soldier, which makes auto attack critical strikes generate 30% additional Rage.
- At Level 28, you unlock Overpower, which causes the ability increase the damage of the next Mortal Strike or Cleave by 20%.
- At Level 29, you unlock Berserker Rage, an active ability which removes Fear, Sap, and Incapacitate effects.
- At Level 32, you unlock Tactician, allowing a chance to reset the cooldown of Overpower based on Rage spent.
- At Level 33, you unlock Heroic Leap, a mobility tool which moves you quickly to any location you select within its range.
- At Level 34, you unlock Intimidating Shout, which disorients enemies around you for a short time.
- At Level 37, you unlock Colossus Smash, which reduces the cooldown by 45 seconds.
- At Level 38, you unlock Bladestorm, the primary multitarget damage cooldown, which also inflicts Deep Wounds.
- At Level 39, you unlock Battle Shout, a group-wide buff which increases attack power.
- At Level 41, you unlock Shattering Throw, a damaging ability with a cast time that deals increased damage against absorbs and removes any magical immunities.
- At Level 42, you unlock Sweeping Strikes, which reduces the cooldown by 15 seconds.
- At Level 43, you unlock Intervene. This lets you charge to an ally and Intercept all melee and ranged attacks made against them for 6 seconds.
- At Level 44, you unlock Mortal Strike which increases its damage by an additional 20%.
- At Level 46, you unlock Rallying Cry, a defensive group cooldown, which increases current and maximum health for a short time.
- At Level 47, you unlock Spell Reflection. This causes a short buff which reduces magical damage taken and causes any hostile spell cast at you to be reflected back toward its user, affecting them instead.
- At Level 48, you unlock Slam, increasing its damage by 25%.
- At Level 49, you unlock Overpower, which allows the damage increasing buff to stack twice.
- At Level 52, you unlock Die by the Sword, reducing the cooldown by 60 seconds.
- At Level 54, you unlock Challenging Shout. Lets you taunt all enemies to attack you for 6 seconds.
- At Level 56, you unlock Rallying Cry, increasing the health gained by an additional 5%.
- At Level 58, you unlock Sweeping Strikes, increasing the duration by 3 seconds.
War Mode Talents to Level Up as a Arms Warrior
The following PvP talents are recommended for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. You may find that different PvP talents work better for you depending on your playstyle. Experimentation is encouraged!
Arms Warrior PvP Talents
- Shadow of the Colossus increases rage generation.
- Storm of Destruction allows Bladestorm to be used much more frequently.
- Sharpen Blade increases damage of Mortal Strike.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 19 Oct. 2020: Updated recommended talents, removed reference to Fury.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Guide added.
- The Lowest Mythic Wipe in WoW History?
- Patch 9.1 Raid Testing Schedule: April 22nd
- The Reddit Singularity: Deathwing As Both Mount and Player Housing
- Fire Mage in Patch 9.1: An Initial PTR Spec Overview
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- Torghast, Sanctum of Domination Loot Item Level
- When Will Daisy the Sloth Become Available?
- New Text-to-Speech Accessibility Option Coming in Patch 9.1