Arms Warrior Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.0.2)
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Arms Warrior Talents while leveling
Talents are something that will give you options to optimize your character and change how some of the abilities work.
Your first talent point unlocks at Level 10.
Your talent set up should be as follows:
- Level 10: War Machine for mobility.
- Level 11: Mortal Strike as your main attack.
- Level 12: Fast Footwork for mobility.
- Level 13: Overpower as a secondary attack.
- Level 14: Heroic Leap for mobility.
- Level 15: Martial Prowess to enhance Overpower.
- Level 16: Leeching Strikes for survivability.
- Level 17: Improved Overpower for damage.
- Level 18: Furious Blows for Rage generation.
- Level 19: Improved Execute to use Execute more freely.
- Level 20: Frothing Berserker for Rage generation.
- Level 21: Fervor of Battle to replace Slam with Whirlwind.
- Level 22: Spell Reflection for survivability.
- Level 23: Die by the Sword for survivability.
- Level 24: Thunder Clap for later.
- Level 25: Fueled by Violence for survivability.
- Level 26: Bounding Stride for mobility.
- Level 27: Tactician for more frequent Overpower usage.
- Level 28: Double Time for mobility.
- Level 29: Rend for damage once Blood and Thunder is learned.
- Level 30: Blood and Thunder for extra multitarget damage.
- Level 31: Colossus Smash for burst damage.
- Level 32: Sidearm for passive damage.
- Level 33: Anger Management for more frequent Colossus Smash use.
- Level 34: Barbaric Training to greatly increase Whirlwind damage.
- Level 35: Warbreaker to replace Colossus Smash with an AoE version.
- Level 36: Crushing Force to increase Slam damage, automatically cast with Fervor of Battle.
- Level 37: Impale for damage.
- Level 38: Crushing Force for more Slam damage.
- Level 39: Sweeping Strikes to more efficiently fight multiple targets.
- Level 40: Seismic Reverberation for more AoE.
- Level 41: Dreadnaught for more single and multitarget damage.
- Level 42: Reinforced Plates for more damage.
- Level 43: Storm of Swords to turn Whirlwind into a powerful cooldown. At this point, Fervor of Battle can be untalented in order to take Sudden Death instead.
- Level 44: Pain and Gain for survivability.
- Level 45: Massacre to make Execute usable more often.
- Level 46: Overwhelming Rage mostly as a filler point.
- Level 47: Exhilarating Blows for more frequent Mortal Strike use.
- Level 48: Overwhelming Rage (Rank 2) mostly as a filler point.
- Level 49: In For The Kill for more burst damage.
- Level 50: Two-Handed Weapon Specialization for more damage.
- Level 51: Valor in Victory to reach Bladestorm.
- Level 52: Wild Strikes for more damage and Rage generation.
- Level 53: Valor in Victory (Rank 2) to reach Bladestorm.
- Level 54: Wild Strikes (Rank 2) for more damage and Rage generation.
- Level 55: Bladestorm for greatly increased multitarget damage.
- Level 56: Thunderous Roar for more multitarget damage.
- Level 57: Unhinged for extra damage from Bladestorm.
- Level 58: Uproar for more frequent use of Thunderous Roar.
- Level 59: Merciless Bonegrinder to synergize with Whirlwind after Bladestorm.
- Level 60: Thunderous Words for bigger bleeds.
- Level 61: Deft Experience for more Tactician procs.
- Level 62: Armored to the Teeth for more damage.
- Level 63: Deft Experience (Rank 2) for more Tactician procs.
- Level 64: Armored to the Teeth (Rank 2) for more damage.
- Level 65: Battlelord for more Mortal Strikes.
- Level 66: Avatar for the big cooldown.
- Level 67: Fatality to end fights quicker.
- Level 68: Blademaster's Torment for an extra Bladestorm proc.
- Level 69: Bloodletting for increased bleed damage.
- Level 70: Cruel Strikes for more Execute damage.
Rotation/Ability Priority to Level Up as a Arms Warrior
Starting at Level 1, you only have one active ability: Slam.
- Cast Charge to initiate combat whenever possible.
- Cast Sweeping Strikes to hit a second target with single target attacks.
- Cast Thunder Clap to apply Rend to groups of targets.
- Cast Victory Rush for free damage and healing after killing an enemy.
- Cast Shield Slam to deal damage.
- Cast Colossus Smash to increase damage against the primary target.
- Cast Warbreaker to deal increase damage against all enemies.
- Cast Bladestorm against groups of enemies or individual strong targets.
- Cast Thunderous Roar against groups of enemies or individual strong targets.
- Cast Execute whenever possible.
- Cast Mortal Strike as the primary single target ability and to apply Deep Wounds.
- Cast Overpower as a free filler.
- Cast Overpower as a free filler and to increase the damage of Mortal Strike.
- Use Whirlwind to deal burst multitarget damage.
- Use Whirlwind to spend excess Rage against multiple targets.
- Use Whirlwind to deal damage and spend Rage.
- Cast Slam to spend excess Rage against single targets.
Summary of Unlocked Abilities for Arms Warriors
You unlock your first ability of interest at Level 1.
- At Level 1, you start with Slam, your primary Rage spender.
- At Level 2, you unlock Charge. This will help you close the gap between you and your enemy and generate Rage.
- At Level 3, you unlock Shield Slam, a single target damage dealer, which should be used on cooldown until picking a specialization at level 10.
- At Level 4, you unlock Hamstring. Slow down a single enemy helping to put some distance between you.
- At Level 5, you unlock Victory Rush. Allows you to heal yourself after defeating a enemy. This will help you to keep healthy during leveling.
- At Level 6, you unlock Shield Block, a defensive ability that blocks incoming physical attacks.
- At Level 6, you also unlock Execute via a Quest called "A Warrior's End". It is a high damage combat finisher, normally usable when the target is below 20% health.
- At Level 7, you unlock Pummel, which interrupts enemy spellcasting and prevents them from casting again for a short time.
- At Level 8, you also unlock Taunt, a threat tool which forces the enemy to focus and attack you.
- At Level 9, you unlock Whirlwind, an AoE Rage spender which that hits up to 5 enemies.
- At Level 10, you unlock Heroic Throw, a weak ranged attack, mainly used to pull enemies from afar.
- At Level 10, you also unlock Battle Shout, a very important group buff which increases attack power.
- At Level 11, you unlock Victory Rush, increasing its healing.
- Further spells and abilities are unlocked through talents.
War Mode Talents to Level Up as a Arms Warrior
The following PvP talents are recommended for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. You may find that different PvP talents work better for you depending on your playstyle. Experimentation is encouraged!
Arms Warrior PvP Talents
- Shadow of the Colossus increases rage generation.
- Sharpen Blade increases damage of Mortal Strike.
- Storm of Destruction allows Bladestorm to be used much more frequently.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Black Empire Map Exploration in Dragonflight
- Very Useful Interact Button Tip
- Aiding the Accord Weekly Quest Progress Carries Over from Previous Week
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Week #2
- An Overview of Mount Rewards in Dragonflight Season 1
- Vault of the Incarnates Death Knight Tier Set and Set Bonuses
- Torghast in Dragonflight: Easy Achievements & Mounts
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.2 Hotfixes, December 5th: Massive Class Tuning