Arms Warrior Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.2)
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Arms Warrior Talents while leveling
Talents are something that will give you options to optimize your character and change how some of the abilities work.
Your first talent point unlocks at Level 10.
Your talent set up should be as follows:
Rotation/Ability Priority to Level Up as a Arms Warrior
Starting at Level 1, you only have one active ability: Slam.
- Cast Charge to initiate combat whenever possible.
- Cast Sweeping Strikes to hit a second target with single target attacks.
- Cast Thunder Clap to apply Rend to groups of targets.
- Cast Victory Rush for free damage and healing after killing an enemy.
- Cast Shield Slam to deal damage.
- Cast Colossus Smash to increase damage against the primary target.
- Cast Warbreaker to deal increase damage against all enemies.
- Cast Bladestorm against groups of enemies or individual strong targets.
- Cast Thunderous Roar against groups of enemies or individual strong targets.
- Cast Execute whenever possible.
- Cast Mortal Strike as the primary single target ability and to apply Deep Wounds.
- Cast Overpower as a free filler.
- Cast Overpower as a free filler and to increase the damage of Mortal Strike.
- Use Whirlwind to deal burst multitarget damage.
- Use Whirlwind to spend excess Rage against multiple targets.
- Use Whirlwind to deal damage and spend Rage.
- Cast Slam to spend excess Rage against single targets.
Summary of Unlocked Abilities for Arms Warriors
You unlock your first ability of interest at Level 1.
- At Level 1, you start with Slam, your primary Rage spender.
- At Level 2, you unlock Charge. This will help you close the gap between you and your enemy and generate Rage.
- At Level 3, you unlock Shield Slam, a single target damage dealer, which should be used on cooldown until picking a specialization at level 10.
- At Level 4, you unlock Hamstring. Slow down a single enemy helping to put some distance between you.
- At Level 5, you unlock Victory Rush. Allows you to heal yourself after defeating a enemy. This will help you to keep healthy during leveling.
- At Level 6, you unlock Shield Block, a defensive ability that blocks incoming physical attacks.
- At Level 6, you also unlock Execute via a Quest called "A Warrior's End". It is a high damage combat finisher, normally usable when the target is below 20% health.
- At Level 7, you unlock Pummel, which interrupts enemy spellcasting and prevents them from casting again for a short time.
- At Level 8, you also unlock Taunt, a threat tool which forces the enemy to focus and attack you.
- At Level 9, you unlock Whirlwind, an AoE Rage spender which that hits up to 5 enemies.
- At Level 10, you unlock Heroic Throw, a weak ranged attack, mainly used to pull enemies from afar.
- At Level 10, you also unlock Battle Shout, a very important group buff which increases attack power.
- At Level 11, you unlock Victory Rush, increasing its healing.
- Further spells and abilities are unlocked through talents.
War Mode Talents to Level Up as a Arms Warrior
The following PvP talents are recommended for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. You may find that different PvP talents work better for you depending on your playstyle. Experimentation is encouraged!
Arms Warrior PvP Talents
- Shadow of the Colossus increases rage generation.
- Sharpen Blade increases damage of Mortal Strike.
- Storm of Destruction allows Bladestorm to be used much more frequently.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 04 Apr. 2023: Swap to new by-level talent calculator format.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 15 Feb. 2023: Updated leveling build and talent choices by level.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)