Mistweaver Monk Shadowlands Leveling Guide From 1 to 60
When leveling you should always select the pieces with the highest item level. Between two equivalent pieces, try to prioritize Critical Strike and Versatility.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Mistweaver Monk Talents while leveling
Your first talent row unlocks at Level 15.
Your talent set-up should be as follows:
- Level 15: Chi Burst
- Level 25: Chi Torpedo
- Level 30: Spirit of the Crane
- Level 35: Ring of Peace
- Level 40: Dampen Harm
- Level 45: Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane
- Level 50: Focused Thunder
Rotation/Ability Priority to Level Up as a Mistweaver Monk
Starting at Level 1, your only damaging ability will be Tiger Palm.
- Use Touch of Death to instantly kill an enemy with lower Health than you.
- Rising Sun Kick should be pressed on cooldown.
- Spinning Crane Kick when there are 4 or more enemies.
- Blackout Kick should be pressed on cooldown.
- Tiger Palm should be pressed whenever Blackout Kick is unavailable.
- Tiger Palm should be used until you gain 3 stacks of Teachings of the Monastery.
- Blackout Kick when you reach 3 stacks of Teachings of the Monastery.
- Crackling Jade Lightning should be used to engage targets at a distance, or to deal damage when you cannot get into melee range
At level 15, you will be able to queue for the Dungeon Finder. Your goal while leveling as a Mistweaver should be to join as many dungeons as possible, as queue times are healers are short, and dungeons provide a great deal of experience. An added benefit is being able to practice your healing rotation. For a more in-depth look, visit our rotation page. For a quick glance at your spell priority, continue reading below:
- Use Thunder Focus Tea on cooldown.
- Apply Renewing Mist on cooldown.
- Use Soothing Mist to apply Enveloping Mist, and follow up with Vivify as needed.
- Cast Enveloping Mist whenever your target is taking consistent damage.
- Vivify on damaged allies.
- Use your DPS rotation when no other healing is required.
Mistweaver Ability Unlocks
With the level squish that took place with Patch 9.0, gaining abilities happens at a much greater rate. The spellbook in game will tell you exactly what abilities you will be gaining and when. Rather than being redundant and listing that same information here, instead check out our dedicated Spells guide for a more rigorous look at these abilities.
Mistweaver Monk War Mode Talents for Leveling.
As you level up, you will gain access to War Mode, allowing you to participate in world PvP, while also giving a small boost to your experience gained, and allowing you to use PvP talents in the open world. Unfortunately for Mistweavers, essentially none of our PvP talents help almost at all with leveling. However, they are still better than nothing, so listed below is the ideal setup for leveling.
Mistweaver Monk PvP Talents for Leveling
- Chrysalis reduces the cooldown of Life Cocoon by 25 seconds, allowing you to more frequently pull large groups of enemies to AoE.
- Surging Mist is a short, moderate heal that stacks up how effective it is. This is good to save your life in a pinch, or to defend yourself from a gank.
- Refreshing Breeze increases the healing of Vivify by 20%, reducing the amount of times needed to cast it, and therefore marginally increasing your DPS.
Best Heirlooms for Mistweaver Monk Leveling
We recommend picking up pieces with as much Critical Strike as you can find. This will increase both your DPS, as well as making your healing more efficient. Haste is also good for Mistweaver DPS, however it is less desirable for the other Monk specs, so if you plan on swapping around, it might be better to have your second priority by Versatility instead.
There are a couple of consumable items that can significantly increase your speed while leveling. These are by no means compulsory, however they can be a nice quality of life change.
- Goblin Glider Kit is a leveler's best friend. It reduces your falling speed while also granting a large forward velocity. Any time you are able to jump from a high place, these will get you to your destination very quickly.
- Gunshoes are an Engineering item that increase your movement speed by 200% for 25 seconds. The drawback however is that you cannot stop moving so you will either need to click off the buff, or wait for it to time out. Any time you need to cover a large distance, these are good to use.
The End Game
Congratulations! You made it to level 60! Now that you are in the end game, we recommend looking at our Easy mode page and Talents section to see how to transition out of the leveling mindset, and into an end game one. Conversely, if you feel comfortable with the basics, check out our Spell Summary page to learn about the nuances of your abilities.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for 9.0.5.
- 16 Oct. 2020: Guide added.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 5: Boss Damage Only Rankings Added
- Player Loots One of the Rarest Item in WoW
- A Different Kind of AFK Story
- WoW Patch Timeline from Vanilla to Shadowlands Patch 9.1
- Potentially Infinite Breath of Sindragosa Bug
- Elwynn Forest Without the Trees
- Covenants Per Spec in Castle Nathria and Mythic+ for Top Players
- Animated Ulna World Quest Up on US Servers!