Outlaw Rogue PvP Guide in Battle for Azeroth (BfA 8.3)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Rogue PvP guide.
Outlaw Rogues in the Current Meta
Outlaw Rogues have unmatched utility as a pure DPS class. With a ranged stun, blind, and countless other forms of crowd control, the Outlaw Rogue has some of the best control a spec can have. This Rogue specialization works great with other specs with strong single-target damage.
Outlaw Rogue Strengths
- Great control
- Decent mobility
- Potential for strong burst and sustained damage
Outlaw Rogue Weaknesses
- Relies heavily on RNG for damage
- Easy to swap to when in a stun
- Very few defensive cooldowns
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Outlaw Rogue PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Outlaw Rogue PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Outlaw Rogue PvP Azerite Traits and Essences page, you will find advice on choosing the best essence powers and the best azerite traits.
- On the Outlaw Rogue PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets and Azerite gear.
- On the Outlaw Rogue PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Outlaw Rogues in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Outlaw Rogue PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Outlaw Rogues.
- On the Outlaw Rogue Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Outlaw Rogues, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 16 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for patch 8.3 and no updates were necessary.
- 05 Jan. 2020: Reorganized the guide in 7 different pages.
- 24 Aug. 2019: Updated Horde races.
- 16 Aug. 2019: updated Alliance races.
- 13 Jul. 2019: Updated Guide for Patch 8.2.
- Added Azerite Essence section.
- Added Major and Minor Essences sections.
- Updated Azerite Traits.
- Updated Gear section.
- Updated Sustained and Burst damage rotations.
- 09 May 2019: Several changes made to the guide.
- Updated Azerite Traits.
- Updated Gear section.
- 14 Mar. 2019: No major changes needed for Patch 8.1.5.
- 31 Jan. 2019: Updated Gear Recommendations.
- 13 Dec. 2018: Updated Azerite traits section.
- 12 Dec. 2018: No major changes needed for Patch 8.1.
- 07 Dec. 2018: Added Gear Recommendations section.
- 21 Oct. 2018: Updated guide for Patch 8.0.1.
- Added stat priority, Azerite traits sections and talent able.
- Updated all talent sections.
- Updated Racial Bonuses section.
- Updated Burst Damage and Sustained damage sections.
- Removed Gear section.
- Removed Artifact and Relics sections.
- 13 Jun. 2018: Added an Arena Compositions section.
- 24 Apr. 2018: Made several updates to the guide and its structure.
- Added sections for Macros, Strengths, and Weaknesses.
- Moved Gear, Artifact Traits, and Relics sections to the end, since they are not that important.
- 07 Feb. 2018: No major changes needed for Patch 7.3.5.
- 24 Dec. 2017: No major changes needed for Patch 7.3.2.
- 23 Nov. 2017: Updated description for spec overview.
- 15 Sep. 2017: No major changes were made for Patch 7.3.
- Removed Artifact Trait descriptions.
- 19 Jul. 2017: Changed recommended Tier 3 honor talent and updated opening rotation.
- 05 Apr. 2017: Updated recommendations for Tier 1 talents. Updated burst and sustained damage rotations.
- 04 Oct. 2016: Added Feint to the list of defensive abilities.
- Mythic Jaina Reverted to Drop One Glacial Tidestorm
- Illidan, Ragnaros and Deathwing Recreated in Minecraft (Megabuilds)
- Two Mythic Mounts Now Drop Off Mythic Jaina and N'Zoth
- Spirit of Eche'ro Mount Quest Now Available on Live Servers
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 14th
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 13th
- Warsong Gulch Exit Portals to Be Removed
- MDI and AWC 2020 Plans and Changes Revealed
- Colossus Smash!?
- Protection Warrior 8.2
- Mage Leveling Guide
- Restoration Shaman 8.2
- Mistweaver Monk PvP 8.1.5
- Holy Paladin 8.2
- VuhDo: a Comprehensive Guide