Outlaw Rogue PvP Guide (Dragonflight 10.0.7)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Rogue PvP guide.
Outlaw Rogues in the Current Meta
Outlaw Rogues in the Current Meta
Outlaw Rogues have strong sustained damage, excellent crowd control tools, and multiple ways to reduce the cooldown of key abilities, such as Blind or Vanish, allowing them to desync their offensive abilities from the enemy defensive toolkit and trinkets. It will be almost impossible for the enemy team to know when the Outlaw Rogue will next have their powerful cooldowns available, making it very hard to counter them and allowing the Outlaw Rogue to land a kill. Outlaw Rogues are also much tankier than other specializations, especially versus other melees, giving them more time to find a kill.
Strengths of Outlaw Rogues
- Great control
- Great sustained damage
- Great mobility
- Very durable
- Excellent utility
Weaknesses of Outlaw Rogues
- No defensive abilities when stunned
- Mediocre burst damage
- Reliant on luck regarding Roll the Bones
- Suffers greatly from loss of uptime because of Restless Blades
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Outlaw Rogue PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Outlaw Rogue PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Outlaw Rogue PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Outlaw Rogue PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Outlaw Rogues in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Outlaw Rogue PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Outlaw Rogues.
- On the Outlaw Rogue Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Outlaw Rogues, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7.
- 25 Jan. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 28 Jul. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 01 Jul. 2022: Added the different 9.2.5 hotfixes.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 25 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 27 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed old Azerite mentions and updated gear page.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant page.
Other PvP Guides
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1