Shaman Dragonflight Leveling Guide from 1 to 70
Table of Contents
- 1. Leveling in Dragonflight
- 2. Best Leveling Spec for Shaman in Dragonflight
- 3. Ability Unlocks for Shaman Leveling in Dragonflight
- 4. Best Heirloom Items for Shaman Leveling in Dragonflight
- 5. Changelog
Leveling in Dragonflight
Welcome to our Shaman leveling guide. Here you will find all you need to know to level up your Shaman efficiently. In addition, you may wish to check out our general Leveling guide, complete with detailed information on XP, mounts, addons, consumables, tips, and more. We encourage to read it to increase your leveling speed even more.
Shamans can level as either melee or ranged damage dealers, both of which have strong area of effect damage and self-healing capabilities. They can also swap into a healing specialization, which is particularly useful for group play, and to reduce the queue time on the Dungeon Finder.
Best Leveling Spec for Shaman in Dragonflight
Shamans have three talent trees: Elemental, Enhancement and Restoration.
Elemental is a ranged damage specialization with decent burst damage and area of effect spells. Its main limitation is that you cannot do much damage while moving, although this limitation is alleviated by instant-cast spells gained while leveling.
Enhancement is the melee damage option for Shamans, and has a distinct battle-mage melee style. You will be able to do most of your damage while moving and also heal yourself instantly with Maelstrom-powered Healing Surges, making it an efficient leveling spec.
Finally, Restoration is a healing specialization, and thus slower for solo questing due to its lower damage output, but if you are going to be leveling in a group or by doing dungeons, healing is a very important role which will allow larger pulls and much quicker dungeon queues.
Ability Unlocks for Shaman Leveling in Dragonflight
- At Level 1, you unlock Lightning Bolt, which is a long cast ranged damage spell. This will be your ranged bread and butter attack.
- At Level 2, you unlock Primal Strike, which will be your bread and butter melee attack for a while.
- At Level 3, you unlock Flame Shock which deals some instant damage and more damage over time. Because it only takes a single global to apply, it is very damage/time efficient.
- At Level 4, you unlock Healing Surge, which lets you heal with a short cast time. Use it to keep yourself healthy when needed.
- At Level 5, you unlock Earthbind Totem, which slows nearby enemies by 50%, on a 30-second cooldown.
- At Level 7, you unlock Flametongue Weapon, which enchants your weapon for 1 hour, causing your melee attacks to deal extra fire damage.
- At Level 8, you unlock Reincarnation, which allows you to resurrect yourself at the place of death, once every 30 minutes.
- At Level 9, you unlock Lightning Shield, a 30 minute self-buff that causes enemies that strike you in melee to suffer Nature damage.
- At Level 10, you unlock Ghost Wolf, which allows you to instantly transform yourself into a spectral wolf, increasing movement speed by 30% and preventing your movement speed from being slowed under 100%.
- At Level 13, you unlock Ancestral Spirit, a long cast that allows you to resurrect dead allies outside of combat.
- At Level 14, you unlock Far Sight, a spell that allows you to see distant areas while channeling.
- At Level 32, you unlock Astral Recall, a second Hearthstone on a 10-minute cooldown.
- At Level 33, you unlock Water Walking, which allows you to walk on water for 10 minutes. Taking any damage will instantly cancel this effect.
- At Level 48, you unlock Bloodlust, which causes your and nearby allies to gain 30% haste for 40 seconds, on a 10-minute cooldown due to the debuff that it leaves on affected players.
Best Heirloom Items for Shaman Leveling in Dragonflight
The best Heirloom to level with are the ones with Haste and / or Versatility. That is because they increase your DPS (and thus your leveling speed), the smoothness of your rotation and your survivability, respectively.
Haste can also be useful to get tags faster when competing for mobs with other players, giving you a slight leveling advantage.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight 10.0.0.
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2
- Full Trading Post Rotation for December 2023
- New Returning Items Tab for Trading Post Items in Patch 10.2.5
- Will Sylvanas Return in Patch 10.2.5?
- Night Elf Paladin NPC Spotted in Patch 10.2.5
- New Trading Post Mount in Patch 10.2.5 - Savage Blue Battle Turtle
- Windwalker Monk PvE
- Outlaw Rogue PvE
- Beast Mastery Hunter PvE
- Arcane Mage PvE
- One flower over; 400k.