Shadow Priest Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 60 (Dragonflight 10.0.2)
On this page, we will go over everything you need to know to Level up your Shadow priest to get ready for Dragonflight leveling coming later this year.Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level. If you are looking for more generic leveling guide you can refer to our Priest leveling guide.
When it comes to gearing out your Shadow Priest you should always take the piece that has a higher Intellect value, typically referenced by the item level of that piece. Intellect is far and away our better stat, and will make everything you do hit harder and kill mobs quicker.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as a Shadow Priest
Your first talent point unlocks at Level 10.
I suggest using the following talent build for leveling your Shadow Priest:
Rotation to Level Up as a Shadow Priest
Starting at Level 1, you only have Smite, so just spam this for now.
- At level 6 you learn Power Word: Fortitude; make sure you keep this buff up on yourself and allies at all times.
- Shadowform is the most iconic Shadow Priest ability thematically; just make sure this is active at all times for that free damage increase.
- Keep up Shadow Word: Pain on as many targets as possible.
- Keep up Vampiric Touch on as many targets as possible.
- Use Shadow Crash to quickly apply DoTs to targets and do some AoE damage.
- With Misery talented use Vampiric Touch to refresh and apply both DoTs on as many targets as possible.
- Use Shadowfiend as a cooldown when fighting harder enemies.
- Use Dark Ascension (or Void Eruption if you prefer) as your main cooldown when fighting harder enemies.
- Use Power Infusion as a cooldown when fighting harder enemies.
- Use Mind Sear to spend Insanity anytime 3 or more mobs are stacked up over Devouring Plague.
- Use Devouring Plague to spend Insanity for damaging a single target.
- Use Shadow Word: Death on any target that is below 20% health.
- Use Mind Blast on cooldown.
- Use Mindgames on cooldown.
- Use Divine Star or Halo on cooldown.
- Use Mind Spike as your filler spell if you decide to talent into it.
- Use Mind Flay as your filler spell.
- Use Smite as a filler spell.
In addition to these active abilities you will also gain some passive abilities that will impact how you play as you level up:
- At level 10 you also gain our baseline Mastery ability, Mastery: Shadow Weaving. This does not change your playstyle much; just know that you will deal more damage to targets if they have your DoTs active on them.
- Shadowy Apparitions spawns out a ghostly version of yourself every time you cast Mind Blast, Devouring Plague, or Void Bolt if that target has Vampiric Touch active. This drastically increases the value of Vampiric Touch, so make sure you DoT up most mobs with it unless they will only live a few short seconds. Mind Sear ticks also have a chance to spawn these ghosts, as well as Shadow Word: Pain if you decide to talent into Tormented Spirits.
- Surge of Darkness is a proc you will start to notice when talented into it. This causes your Vampiric Touch or Devouring Plague damage a chance to give you an instant cast higher damage Mind Spike.
- Shadowy Insight causes your main DoT spell to occasionally give you a free cast of Mind Blast.
Shadow Priest War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section we will go over each of the War Mode/PvP talents you should consider using while leveling up.
Shadow Priest PvP Talents for Leveling
- Until you get access to more options, Psyfiend will do a sizable chunk of damage on a relatively low cooldown.
- For the first few levels you can also use Mind Trauma and Strength of Soul, although I would suggest swapping these at Level 23.
- Driven to Madness is a great option for open world.
- Void Origins is my personal favorite option, as instant-cast Void Eruption/ Dark Ascension is truly fantastic to play with.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Underlight Angler Can be Slotted into Fishing Profession Equipment
- First Encrypted Patch 10.0.5 Encrypted Build Appears on Blizzard CDN
- Dragonflight 10.0.2 Pre-Patch Hotfixes: November 22nd
- Dragonflight Season 1 Class Set Tuning: November 22nd
- Weekly Dragonflight Content and Rewards Removed in the First Days of the Expansion
- Darkmoon Decks in the Dragonflight Expansion
- The Story So Far: Take Wing Through Time with the Dragon Aspects
- Dragonflight Ads Featuring David Harbour, Pedro Pascal and Lana Condor