Feral Druid Shadowlands Leveling Guide From 1 to 60
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. You will often be replacing these gear pieces very quickly, so just equip whatever comes to you without worrying about secondary stats.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as Feral Druid
Your first talent row unlocks at Level 15.
Your talent set up should be as follows.
- Level 15: Predator
- Level 25: Tiger Dash
- Level 30: Restoration Affinity
- Level 35: Mighty Bash
- Level 40: Soul of the Forest
- Level 45: Primal Wrath
- Level 50: Feral Frenzy
Rotation to Level Up as a Feral Druid
Due to Feral only being unlocked as a talent specialization at Level 10, you should make use of the abilities provided to you in the intro quests until you are presented with the option.
- Enter Prowl before opening on your target whenever possible.
- Open with Rake from stealth.
- Cast Feral Frenzy on cooldown.
- Cast Tiger's Fury on cooldown.
- Cast Berserk on cooldown, ideally against dangerous enemies.
- Cast Primal Wrath at 5 Combo Points with multiple targets in range.
- Apply Rip to any high health targets at 5 Combo Points.
- Cast Ferocious Bite at 5 Combo Points.
- Apply Thrash against multiple targets.
- Maintain Rake.
- Cast Swipe to generate Combo Points against multiple targets.
- Cast Shred to generate Combo Points against one target.
- Make sure to always be in Cat Form.
Summary of Unlocked Abilities for Feral Druids
In addition to baseline abilities unlocked by Druids, there are multiple spec specific abilities that are granted to Feral to make it function as a melee spec:
- At Level 10, Rake is unlocked; a single-target Bleed effect and Combo Point builder that costs Energy.
- At Level 11, Thrash is unlocked; an AoE Bleed effect and Combo Point builder that costs Energy.
- At Level 12, Tiger's Fury is unlocked; an off-GCD ability that refunds a small amount of Energy and increases your damage done.
- At Level 21, Rip is unlocked; a Combo Point finisher that deals high Bleed damage to your target.
- At Level 23, Swipe is unlocked; an AoE Combo Point builder.
- At Level 26, Skull Bash is unlocked; Feral's interrupt ability.
- At Level 28, Maim is unlocked; a Combo Point finisher that deals Physical damage and stuns the target.
- At Level 32, Survival Instincts is unlocked; a long cooldown defensive tool.
- At Level 34, Berserk is unlocked; Feral's primary burst damage cooldown.
Alongside the ability unlocks, there are also passive effects that improve your abilities unlocked along the way:
- At Level 10, Mastery: Razor Claws is unlocked, increasing your Bleed and finisher damage based on Mastery rating.
- At Level 16, Feral Instinct is unlocked; reducing the range you are detected when in stealth.
- At Level 19, Feline Adept is unlocked, allowing you to use Soothe and Remove Corruption in Cat Form.
- At Level 27, Feline Swiftness is unlocked; increasing your movement speed by an additional 15% in Cat Form.
- At Level 31, Primal Fury is unlocked, causing Combo Point generating abilities to generate an additional one with a Critical Strike.
- At Level 33, Omen of Clarity is unlocked, granting auto-attacks a chance to make your next Shred, Rake or Thrash cost no Energy.
- At Level 36, Shred Rank 2 is unlocked, causing it to deal 60% increased damage and have double the Critical Strike chance when used from stealth.
- At Level 37, Infected Wounds is unlocked, causing your Rake to slow targets by 20% for 12 seconds.
- At Level 39, Rake Rank 2 is unlocked, causing it to deal 60% increased damage stun your target for 4 seconds when used from stealth.
- At Level 42, Shred Rank 3 is unlocked, causing it to deal 20% additional damage to Bleeding targets.
- At Level 42, Swipe Rank 2 is unlocked, causing it to deal 20% additional damage to Bleeding targets.
- At Level 47, Tiger's Fury Rank 2 is unlocked, causing it to generate an additional 30 Energy.
- At Level 49, Predatory Swiftness is unlocked, granting Combo Point finishers a 20% chance per point spent to make your next Regrowth or Entangling Roots instant.
- At Level 54, Shred Rank 4 is unlocked, causing it to generate one additional Combo Point when used from stealth.
- At Level 58, Berserk Rank 2 is unlocked, causing it to generate one additional Combo Point when the refund is triggered.
Feral Druid War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section we will rank the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. Below is a ranking Feral Druid-specific PvE talents.
Feral Druid PvP Talents for Leveling
- Leader of the Pack increases the Critical Strike chance of you and nearby allies by 5%, and causes players to heal for 5% of their maximum health when they critically strike with a 6-second cooldown. This is the best option available on the PvP tree for open world purposes.
- Fresh Wound can provide additional burst to targets when applying your Rake effect, and is a solid increase across the board when cycling between targets.
- Ferocious Wound provides additional damage to your Ferocious Bite that can be useful on high health targets due the maximum health reduction it applies. Value is mostly tied to the difficulty of the enemies you are encountering.
- Savage Momentum causes successful interrupts with Skull Bash to reduce the cooldown of Tiger's Fury, Stampeding Roar and Survival Instincts by 10 seconds. This can be useful for moving around the world and extra burst windows on targets, but you will generally be using Predator in the open world so that overlap makes it less flexible.
- Thorns can provide some use if in situations with extra enemies present, to allow you to deal additional damage back when being hit.
Other options are much more focused on enemy control which is more oriented around PvP gameplay, rather than killing enemies more efficiently so they are not recommended.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Guide added.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st