Feral Druid Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.2)
When leveling up, always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. You will often be replacing these gear pieces very quickly, so equip whatever comes to you without worrying about secondary stats.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as Feral Druid
Your first talent point unlocks at Level 10.
You should aim for a talent tree that looks like this:
The exact order you pick the points is not crucial, but the general advice is to prioritize the Feral abilities on the leftmost side of the class tree. In the spec tree, prioritize Primal Wrath, Omen of Clarity, Berserk, Pouncing Strikes, Predator, and Tear Open Wounds.
Rotation to Level Up as a Feral Druid
Due to Feral only being unlocked as a talent specialization at Level 10, you should use the abilities provided to you in the intro quests until you are presented with the option.
- Enter Prowl before opening on your target whenever possible.
- Open with Rake from stealth.
- Cast Berserk on dangerous elites or large groups of enemies.
- Cast Convoke the Spirits on dangerous elites or large groups of enemies.
- Cast Ferocious Bite with Apex Predator's Craving procs.
- Cast Feral Frenzy on cooldown.
- Cast Tiger's Fury on cooldown.
- Cast Primal Wrath at 5 Combo Points with multiple targets in range to apply Rip to all of them.
- Apply Rip to any high health targets at 5 Combo Points if it is not already present.
- Cast Ferocious Bite at 5 Combo Points.
- Apply Thrash against multiple targets.
- Maintain Rake.
- Cast Brutal Slash to generate Combo Points.
- Cast Swipe to generate Combo Points against multiple targets.
- Cast Shred to generate Combo Points against one target.
- Make sure to always be in Cat Form.
Feral Druid War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section, we will rank the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. Below is a ranking of Feral Druid-specific PvE talents.
Feral Druid PvP Talents for Leveling
- Fresh Wound can provide additional burst to targets when applying your Rake effect, and is a solid increase across the board when cycling between targets.
- Leader of the Pack grants 10% additional movement speed and causes players to heal for 3% of their maximum health when they critically strike with a 6-second cooldown. Provides free sustain and mobility, making it a good first option.
- Ferocious Wound provides additional damage to your Ferocious Bite that can be useful on high health targets due the maximum health reduction it applies. Value is mostly tied to the difficulty of the enemies you are encountering.
- Savage Momentum causes successful interrupts with Skull Bash to reduce the cooldown of Tiger's Fury, Stampeding Roar and Survival Instincts by 10 seconds. This can be useful for moving around the world and extra burst windows on targets, but you will generally be using Predator in the open-world so that overlap makes it less flexible.
- Thorns can provide some use in situations with extra enemies present, to allow you to deal additional damage back when being hit.
Other options are much more focused on enemy control, which is more oriented around PvP gameplay, rather than killing enemies more efficiently, so they are not recommended.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2, small tweaks to pathing and switch to Convoke.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7, no changes necessary.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5 and added Dire Fixation.
- 04 May 2023: Updated to swap to Thrashing Claws.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 22 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 29 Jan. 2023: Updated for new tree pathing.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)