Holy Priest PvP Guide (Dragonflight 10.0.7)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Priest PvP guide.
Holy Priests in the Current Meta
Holy Priests are the most underrated healer. Usually a specialization that struggles, Holy Priests excel at healing against spread pressure and single-target teams. Many teams will struggle with how much utility and immunities you have.
Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7
The talent Lightwell received a major buff regarding its healing output. Furthermore, it now has a lower cooldown and is now an instant spell. Divine Hymn healing is now greatly increased in arena. Divine Image received a slight rework to trigger more reliable. Afterlife and Divine Ascension increase the radius of Divine Hymn, Cosmic Ripple and Symbol of Hope.
Holy Priests Strengths
- Strong spread healing
- Multiple powerful healing cooldowns
- Very Mana efficient
Holy Priests Weaknesses
- Struggle against teams with two melee on it
- Have to cast most spells to get value from cooldowns
- Very limited mobility
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (healing, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Holy Priests in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Holy Priests.
- On the Holy Priest Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Holy Priests, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 12 Dec. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands S1.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 01 Mar. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Added Notable Changes section.
- 26 Nov. 2021: Page reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant page, removed Azerite mentions, and updated gear section.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
Other PvP Guides
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1