Holy Priest PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.1)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Priest PvP guide.
Holy Priests in the Current Meta
Holy Priests are the most underrated healer . Usually a specialization that struggles, Holy Priests excel at healing against spread pressure and single-target teams. Many teams will struggle with how much utility and immunities you have.
Holy Priests Strengths
- Strong spread healing
- Multiple powerful healing cooldowns
- Very Mana efficient
Holy Priests Weaknesses
- Struggle against teams with two melee on it
- Have to cast most spells to get value from cooldowns
- Subpar sustained single-target healing
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (healing, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Holy Priests in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Holy Priests.
- On the Holy Priest Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Holy Priests, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant page, removed Azerite mentions, and updated gear section.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power