Holy Priest PvP Guide in Battle for Azeroth (BfA 8.3)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Priest PvP guide.
Holy Priests in the Current Meta
Holy Priests are the most underrated healer . Usually a specialization that struggles, Holy Priests excel at healing against spread pressure and single-target teams. Many teams will struggle with how much utility and immunities you have.
Holy Priests Strengths
- Strong spread healing
- Multiple powerful healing cooldowns
- Very Mana efficient
Holy Priests Strengths
- Struggle against teams with two melee on it
- Have to cast most spells to get value from cooldowns
- Subpar sustained single-target healing
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (healing, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Azerite Traits and Essences page, you will find advice on choosing the best essence powers and the best azerite traits.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets and Azerite gear.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Holy Priests in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Holy Priest PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Holy Priests.
- On the Holy Priest Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Holy Priests, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 16 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for patch 8.3 and no updates were necessary.
- 13 Jan. 2020: Reorganized the guide in 7 different pages.
- 24 Aug. 2019: Updated Horde races.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Updated Alliance races.
- 08 Jul. 2019: Updated Guide for Patch 8.2.
- Updated Stat Priority.
- Added Azerite Essence section.
- Added Major and Minor Essences sections.
- Updated Gear section.
- Updated Talent Table.
- Updated Tier 7 regular talent.
- Updated Burst and Sustained healing rotations.
- 12 May 2019: Several changes made to the guide.
- Updated Azerite Trait section.
- Updated Recommended Gear section.
- 14 Mar. 2019: No major changes needed for Patch 8.1.5.
- 09 Feb. 2019: Updated Gear Recommendations and Item Recommendations sections.
- 11 Jan. 2019: Updated Guide for Patch 8.1.
- Updated Azerite Traits.
- Updated PvP talents.
- Updated Burst Healing section.
- Updated Sustained Healing section.
- Updated Best Team Compositions section.
- 28 Nov. 2018: Added Gear Guidelines section.
- 04 Oct. 2018: Removed Artifact traits and Relics section.
- Added Stat Priority and Azerite trait section.
- Added Talent Table.
- 02 Oct. 2018: Removed PvP Gear and War Mode sections.
- 27 Aug. 2018: Updated Air Drops section.
- 07 Aug. 2018: Updated guide for Patch 8.0.1.
- Updated Introduction and spec overview.
- Updated Tiers 3, 4, 5, 6 regular talent sections.
- Added PvP (War Mode) talents and gear sections for the new BfA system.
- Updated Racial Bonuses section.
- Updated Burst Healing and Sustained Healing sections.
- Updated Macros section.
- Removed Gear section.
- Updated Artifact Traits and Relics sections.
- 09 Jun. 2018: Added an Arena Compositions section.
- 12 Apr. 2018: Made several updates to the guide and its structure.
- Added sections for Macros, Strengths, and Weaknesses.
- Moved Gear, Artifact Traits, and Relics sections to the end, since they are not that important.
- Changed recommended Tier 5 and 7 regular talents and Tier 2 honor talent.
- Updated "Burst Healing" and "Sustained Healing" rotations.
- 15 Nov. 2017: Fixed a small error in the Serendipity description.
- 09 Sep. 2017: Not many updates needed for 7.3
- Removed Artifact Trait descriptions.
- Changed recommended Tier 1 regular talents.
- 04 Aug. 2017: Changed a spell error under the "Burst Healing" rotation.
- 06 Jul. 2017: Guide added.
- Encrypted Shadowlands Alpha Build 188.8.131.52411
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 19th
- WoW Shadowlands Alpha Added to Battle.net Catalog
- Ny'alotha Mythic WF Race, Conclusion: Top 10, N'Zoth Nerf, Limit Tank Goes to Method, Asia Upset and More
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: February 19th
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 18th
- Burning Crusade Timewalking Event (February 18th - February 25th)
- UI API Change for UnitHealth
- Unholy Aoe Question
- Rustbolt Resistance
- Demonology Warlock 8.3
- Colossus Smash!?
- Protection Warrior 8.3
- Mage Leveling Guide