Leveling Consumables in World of Warcraft
This page contains all of the consumables that currently affect XP gains or the speed of leveling for characters in Shadowlands.
In World of Warcraft, there are many different consumable or collectable items that will help you level faster. Some are easier to get than others, and we will attempt to list them in their rough order of importance/leveling speed benefit.
Consumables and Items for Leveling Quickly
- Draught of Ten Lands is purchasable for Warfront Service Medals in your faction's main Battle for Azeroth hub and increases your main stats by 20 (flat increase, not %), and XP gained by 10% for 1 hour.
- Battle Standard of Coordination is a placeable item that increases your XP gains from killing mobs within 100 yards of it by 15%. There are weaker versions that do not share a cooldown with it in Standard of Unity and Banner of Cooperation. We recommend using these often when killing large amounts of mobs, and you should rotate between them to ensure they are always on cooldown.
- Goblin Glider Kit can be used to glide for long distances. It is extremely useful when traversing large distances from the top of mountains or hills.
- Skystep Potion/ Lightfoot Potions can be purchased on the AH and used regularly in indoor areas to significantly increase your movement speed (150%) for 8 seconds. Only works up to Level 50.
- Gunshoes are a crafted Engineering consumable item that vastly increases your movement speed (200%) for 25 seconds. It is best used when covering large distances. It is even faster than a Ground Mount.
- Draenic Swiftness Potion vastly increases your swimming speed for 8 seconds. Useful for quests or situations that send you underwater. Only works up to Level 50.
- Light-Step Hoofplates is a Mount Equipment that increases your ground mount speed by 20%. This will generally be used the most out of the different types of Mount Equipment.
- Anglers' Water Striders/ Inflatable Mount Shoes is a Mount Equipment that lets your mount walk on water. We only recommend using this for water-heavy zones, as the general speed increase from the Light-Step Hoofplates is better overall.
- Falling Flame is a unique item that drops from Cinderfall on the Timeless Isle. When used, it sends you flying extremely high into the air and in the direction you were facing, letting you cross entire zones in a few seconds. We recommend always using it with Goblin Glider Kit. Simply jump off a ledge in the direction you wish to go, activate the Glider, and then immediately activate your Falling Flame. This will let you control your direction while in mid-air.
- Drums of Fury/ Drums of the Mountain let you benefit from Bloodlust/ Time Warp without playing a class with those effects inherently. They should be used as often as possible to cut down time spent in combat. They work up to Level 50.
- Lightning-Forged Augment Rune can be acquired in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms once you are Exalted with the Rajani reputation from Battle for Azeroth. It is essentially a permanent +60 to your main stat.
Other Consumables and Useful Items
- Sugar-Crusted Fish Feast is a food that is available to all party members and offers a small Versatility buff immediately after eating. It also heals you up much quicker than most types of food, so we recommend using it if you do not have strong self-healing, to recover quickly from being on low health.
- 02 Apr. 2020: Removed the 5% XP Gem from the list of Consumables as it was changed, and noted that Drums only work up to Level 50.
- 04 Sep. 2020: Guide added.
- How to Receive Different Weapons from Zereth Mortis World and Daily Quests
- Very Solid Ocean Near Stormwind Defeats Player
- Impressive Stormwind Recreation in Minecraft (Video)
- Idol of Y'Shaarj Shadow Priest Talent Explained
- Upcoming Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Tuning: July 5th
- A Preview of Priest Talent Trees in Dragonflight
- World of Warcraft Totem Art
- Expanding the Development Pipeline of World of Warcraft