Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.1)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Hunter PvP guide.
Spec Overview / Place in the Current Meta for Beast Mastery Hunters
Beast Mastery Hunters are in a very strong position in the meta right now. They not only have some of the best single-target sustained damage, but they are also one of the hardest classes to connect to for melee. Because their pets are the main damage dealers for Beast Mastery Hunters, even when they are in crowd control, they are still capable of dealing large amounts of damage. They use abilities like Disengage to kite enemy teams and Freezing Trap to lock a healer down.
Strengths of Beast Mastery Hunter
- Great control
- Decent mobility
- Strong consistent damage
Weaknesses of Beast Mastery Hunter
- Hard to get crowd control without the help of teammates
- Weak to teams with multiple stuns
- Very few defensive cooldowns
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Beast Mastery Hunters in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Beast Mastery Hunter PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Beast Mastery Hunters.
- On the Beast Mastery Hunter Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Beast Mastery Hunters, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 23 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 10 Dec. 2020: Added Covenant page.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed Azerite mentions and updated gear section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Last Man Standing Secures World Top 10, US Top 3 Sylvanas Defeat!
- Player Reaches Level 56 Without Leaving Exile's Reach
- Production on World of Warcraft Halted Due to Ongoing Lawsuit
- Army of 300 NPCs Destroy the Horde
- Josh "Lore" Allen About Mike Morhaime's Response and the Lawsuit
- Blizzard Staff Respond to Lawsuit and Internal Mails
- Updated: (Comments on Afrasiabi) Chris Metzen's Response to the Activision Blizzard Lawsuit
- Teldrassil Vengeance "Eye for an Eye" Machinima