Balance Druid Shadowlands Leveling Guide From 1 to 60
When you are leveling, equip the highest item level gear. You will be replacing your gear often enough that you can indiscriminately equip based on item level without worrying about other stats.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as Balance Druid
Your first talent row unlocks at Level 15.
Your talent set up should be as follows.
- Level 15: Nature's Balance
- Level 25: Wild Charge
- Level 30: Restoration Affinity
- Level 35: Mighty Bash
- Level 40: Soul of the Forest
- Level 45: Stellar Drift
- Level 50: Solstice
Rotation to Level Up as a Balance Druid
Due to Balance only being unlocked as a talent specialization at Level 10, you should make use of the abilities provided to you in the intro quests until you are presented with the option.
- Enter Moonkin Form at all times.
- Apply Moonfire on the target.
- Apply Sunfire on the target.
- Cast Celestial Alignment on cooldown.
- Enter Eclipse by casting two Wraths or Starfires.
- Cast Fury of Elune on cooldown.
- Cast Starsurge when available on a single target and inside Eclipse.
- Cast Starfall on more than one target.
- Cast Wrath or Starfire as a filler to build Astral Power inside Eclipse.
- Make sure to always be in Moonkin Form.
Summary of Unlocked Abilities for Balance Druids
The following list is each ability you unlock along the way:
- At Level 10, Starfire is unlocked; this is the designated filler while inside Lunar Eclipse.
- At Level 11, Starsurge is unlocked; this is our single target nuke. Try to use this at the beginning of every Eclipse as it further empowers your fillers.
- At Level 19, Remove Corruption is unlocked; a utility ability used to cure Poison and cleanse Curses.
- At Level 21, Moonkin Form is unlocked; you want to be in form at all times.
- At Level 23, Sunfire is unlocked; an AoE DoT which should always be kept on the target.
- At Level 26, Solar Beam is unlocked; a strong AoE silence ability with a long cooldown.
- At Level 28, Typhoon is unlocked; a crowd control ability which knocks back and slows all targets in front of you.
- At Level 34, Starfall is unlocked; a pulsing damaging aura that deals damage to all targets in a large area.
- At Level 39, Celestial Alignment is unlocked; balance's major cooldown granting 10% Haste and granting the benefits of both Eclipse states.
Alongside the ability unlocks, there are also passive effects that improve your abilities unlocked along the way:
- At Level 10, Mastery: Total Eclipse is unlocked, which increases your damage inside Eclipse.
- At Level 11, Eclipse is unlocked; allowing you access to both Solar and Lunar Eclipse which reduces the cast time of their respective fillers by 8%. Additionally Wrath deals bonus damage and Starfire has bonus Critical Strike chance.
- At Level 27, Astral Influence is unlocked, increasing the range of all of your spells by 5-yards.
- At Level 32, Sunfire rank 2 is unlocked, making Sunfire to cleave to all targets within 8-yards of your main target.
- At Level 33, Moonfire rank 3 is unlocked, increasing the duration of both DoTs by 6-seconds.
- At Level 47, Eclipse rank 2 is unlocked, increasing the cast time reduction to 15%.
- At Level 49, Shooting Stars is unlocked, giving your DoTs a chance to deal a small amount of damage and generating 3 Astral Power.
- At Level 54, Starfall rank 2 is unlocked, which adds 4-seconds onto all of your active DoTs when cast.
- At Level 56, Starsurge rank 2 is unlocked, increasing increasing the bonuses of your Starsurge on your Eclipse state. The bonus increases from 4% up to 6% per Starsurge cast.
Balance Druid War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section we will rank the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. Below is a ranking balance Druid-specific PvE talents.
Balance Druid PvP Talents for Leveling
In this section we will list the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. Note that these may not be optimal in actual PvP situations.
- Moonkin Aura is amazing for group combat and strong for solo content as well. This can buff all members in your party and help finish quests and rares faster. We would recommend this for all group content.
- Thorns can provide minimal peel or damage in open-world content.
Congratulations on reaching Level 60! Now that you have hit Level 60, we recommend looking at our Easy mode page to get a good overview of the class!
- 22 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Guide added.
- Voidwalker Solos Torghast Boss
- You Can Browse Legendary Powers and Slots in the Adventure Guide
- Valfir Mount Dropping Rare Hotfix Not Stopping Players from Killing Him
- Flight Path Perfect Music WeakAura
- How To Change Secondary Stats on the Mistcaller Ocarina Trinket
- Classic "Not a Bug List" Updated for December 4th
- Player Can Fly Anywhere in the Shadowlands
- You Can Collect 830 Soul Ash This Week