Balance Druid Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.1)
On this page, you will find our Level by Level Balance Druid leveling guide for Dragonflight Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level. For more general leveling information, please refer to our Druid leveling guide.
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
When you are leveling, equip the highest item level gear. You will be replacing your gear often enough that you can indiscriminately equip based on item level without worrying about other stats.
Balance Druid Mechanics
When leveling in open-world or dungeons, Balance Druid is a very basic builder-spender rotation priority. The basic idea is to rotate between Eclipses, which lasts 15 seconds and takes two spells to enter the next one after the previous one expires. Apply your DoTs ( Moonfire and Sunfire) to your target and cast the Eclipse-appropriate filler ( Wrath for Solar and Starfire for Lunar). When you have enough Astral Power, you can cast a spender ( Starsurge on a single target and Starfall on multiple targets).
Here are some explanations for some of the phrases inside the guide that may help you understand it more:
- A DoT refers to Damage over Time spells such as Moonfire and Sunfire.
- Fillers refer to spells that generate your main resource, which is Astral Power. Fillers should always be cast when there is nothing else we can do. Our fillers are Wrath and Starfire.
- A spender is an ability that consumes our main resource. These are powerful abilities that a crucial to damage dealing. Starsurge is spent on single or priority targets and Starfall on multiple targets.
Balance Druid Cooldowns
Balance Druid cooldowns all come from the talent tree. Celestial Alignment is your big cooldown and provides the benefit of both Eclipse states, allowing you to cast whatever you want as well as buffing all of your spells. On a single target, you will still be casting Wrath, and on multiple targets, you will want to cast Starfire.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Talents to Level Up as Balance Druid
Tier 1 Talents are as follows:
>We skip Aetherial Kindling but you can take this talent if you are leveling through dungeons. Nature's Balance is great to get some Astral Power in the downtime between pools while questing.
Throughout these levels, focus on fewer enemies as you do not have all the tools to deal with big pulls if you are not geared. DoT up one or two enemies and focus them down using Starsurge.
Tier 2 Talents are as follows:
- Celestial Alignment
- Orbital Strike
- Soul of the Forest
- Astral Smolder x2
- Waning Twilight x2
- Cosmic Rapidity x2
- Nature's Grace
- Power of Goldrinn x2
At this point, you are going to have some good utility talents to help you run away from enemies as well as a fair amount of cleave damage.
Use Celestial Alignment and Orbital Strike liberally as they boost your damage significantly and you can speed up the leveling process by doing big pulls to finish whole quests instantly.
Remember to keep your targets fully DoTed up to deal max damage.
Tier 3 Talents are as follows:
- Orbit Breaker
- Starlord x2
- Fury of Elune
- Radiant Moonlight
- Incarnation: Chosen of Elune
- Denizen of the Dream
- Friend of the Fae
- Balance of All Things x1
You should have all of the tools you need to make sizeable pulls while leveling. You can even swap to Force of Nature which acts as a personal tank for your pulls allowing you to make bigger pulls more often.
Rotation to Level Up as a Balance Druid
Due to Balance only being unlocked as a talent specialization at Level 10, you should make use of the abilities provided to you in the intro quests until you are presented with the option.
- Enter Moonkin Form and be in this form at all times.
- Apply Moonfire to the target.
- Apply Sunfire to the target.
- Cast Celestial Alignment on cooldown.
- Enter Lunar Eclipse by casting two Wraths if Celestial Alignment is on cooldown.
- Cast Starsurge when available on a single target and inside Eclipse.
- Cast Starfall on more than one target.
- Cast Wrath or Starfire as a filler to build Astral Power inside Eclipse.
When talenting any Cooldowns such as Wild Mushroom or Convoke the Spirits, you should use them as they come up. Most enemies while leveling will not pose much of a threat or have extended battles. Use these cooldowns to help speed things up as you level.
Balance Druid War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section we will rank the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. Below is a ranking balance of Druid-specific PvE talents.
Balance Druid PvP Talents for Leveling
In this section we will list the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. Note that these may not be optimal in actual PvP situations.
- Star Burst is a passive effect that calls down falling stars on enemies during Starfall. Enemies who run into this take damage and get knocked up. Allies can pick these up and run into enemies to detonate them.
- Moonkin Aura is amazing for group combat and strong for solo content as well. This can buff all members in your party and help finish quests and rares faster. We would recommend this for all group content.
- Thorns can provide minimal peel or damage in open-world content.
- Malorne's Swiftness will let you move at 100% Movement Speed even while in combat. Great for open-world content.
Congratulations on reaching Level 70! Now that you have hit Level 70, we recommend looking at our Easy mode page to get a good overview of the class!
- 08 May 2023: Updated for May 9th Hotfixes.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 28 Jan. 2023: Updated broken talent link.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Tuning: June 6th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 1st
- Treasure Goblin Sets Portal Trap and Sends Players Away
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dawn of the Infinite Megadungeon Drops Item Level 421 Loot on the 10.1.5 PTR
- New Headless Horseman Candy Bucket in Patch 10.1.5
- Kalimdor Cup Scheduled for August 15th
- A Video Overview of the June Trading Post Items