Enhancement Shaman Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 60 (Dragonflight 10.1.7)
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. You will often be replacing these gear pieces very quickly, so just equip whatever comes to you without worrying about secondary stats.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as an Enhancement Shaman
During levels 1 to 9, you will have very few abilities to fight with, notably Lightning Bolt, Flame Shock and Primal Strike. This will change at level 10 when you can select Enhancement as your specialization and begin to unlock additional abilities in the talent tree. You will additionally start with Lightning Shield
In Dragonflight, your talents can be changed anywhere in the world as long as you are out of combat. Be sure to explore various combinations of talents at will while leveling to best combat a variety of encounters and use it as an opportunity to familiarize yourself with what the spec is capable of. We have included a sample leveling path through the Class and Enhancement skill below. This is an easy-to-learn but still effective leveling experience that forges a middle path between introducing core mechanics without delving into some of the more complex aspects that need to be managed.
Immediately at level 10, you will gain access to Chain Lightning and Maelstrom Weapon. Maelstrom Weapon is the cornerstone of the entire Enhancement spec, and it will both reduce the cast time of your spells and increase their damage. It is important that you practice only using your offensive spells when you have at least 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon, but at lower levels this is less critical. Use Chain Lightning while fighting at least 3 targets.
Rotation to Level Up as an Enhancement Shaman
Due to Enhancement only being unlocked as a talent specialization at Level 10, you should use the abilities provided to you in the intro quests until you are presented with the option.
A core part of the Enhancement toolkit are weapon imbues. Make sure to have Flametongue Weapon applied at all times.
A core part of the Enhancement toolkit are weapon imbues. Make sure to have Flametongue Weapon and Windfury Weapon applied at all times. These spells will naturally cast onto the appropriate weapon in your main and off-hand.
Make sure to keep Lightning Shield active at all times for the extra Maelstrom Weapon and damage when being struck.
Make sure to keep Lightning Shield active at all times for the extra Maelstrom Weapon and damage when being struck. Also, thanks to Elemental Orbit, you can keep Earth Shield active at the same time for additional healing.
- Cast Flame Shock when engaging enemies.
- Cast Feral Spirit on cooldown.
- Cast Primordial Wave on cooldown. Aim to hit a target not affected by Flame Shock.
- Cast Doom Winds on cooldown, ideally against elites are large groups of enemies.
- Cast Lightning Bolt with both 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon and the Primordial Wave buff.
- Cast Lava Burst if at 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon. If multiple targets are present, instead cast Chain Lightning.
- Cast Primal Strike.
- Cast Crash Lightning if multiple enemies are present.
- Cast Stormstrike.
- Cast Frost Shock if buffed by Ice Strike or Hailstorm.
- Cast Sundering, ideally against multiple enemies.
- Cast Lava Lash.
- Cast Ice Strike.
- Cast Frost Shock.
- Cast Lightning Bolt if at 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon, Lava Burst is on cooldown and nothing else is available.
Enhancement also has a robust toolkit for surviving different situations through a variety of spells and effects:
- Most importantly, we can use our Maelstrom Weapon stacks to make Healing Surge instant, so if you are ever in danger this can save you in a pinch.
- Most importantly, we can use our Maelstrom Weapon stacks to make Healing Surge both instant and more potent thanks to Improved Maelstrom Weapon. If you are ever in danger, this is our tool of choice for recovering.
- Earth Elemental is your own personal pocket tank you can get out for emergencies and will taunt nearby enemies, giving you time to catch up. This lasts for a full minute, making it great for dangerous elites.
- Ancestral Guidance converts a portion of our damage into additional healing at no cost, making it excellent for keeping up pressure in big pulls.
- Nature's Guardian procs a free heal whenever you drop below 35% health, keeping you more stable for longer. This has a 45-second cooldown, though, so if it has procced, be careful.
- Earth Shield also gives us passive healing so long as it is maintained and even boosts self-healing casts while active. The Maelstrom Weapon gained from having Lightning Shield active is generally more useful.
- Earth Shield also gives us passive healing so long as it is maintained and even boosts self-healing casts while active.
- Reincarnation lets us get straight back up if you ever die, but has a lengthy 30 minute cooldown. If you ever go a bit overboard, use this to get back right to where you started without needing to run back. Just be careful - you spawn with low health, so if there are still enemies nearby, it might be worth walking instead.
War Mode Talents to Level Up as an Enhancement Shaman
If you are willing to take the risk and utilize War Mode, the following PvP talents are recommended during leveling or for other open-world content. There may be times when you would like to use other options and are encouraged to experiment! PvP talents can be freely changed at any time.
Your first PvP talent slot will unlock at Level 20, your second at Level 30, and the final at Level 40.
Recommended Enhancement PvP Talents
- Level 20: Ride the Lightning adds additional damage to your Stormstrike casts, helping you to dispatch groups of enemies quicker, so is the universal pick
- Level 30: Counterstrike Totem lets you pull aggressively and deal the damage back to enemies, using your own Health as a resource! Alternatively, Burrow is an option as well as an escape tool if you get caught in a bad position or for some opening burst.
- Level 40: Stormweaver provides free healing whenever you spend Maelstrom Weapon for damage freeing up some resources in exchange for sustain. This is not always comfortable to use, but is a solid option until we reach level 48 and can switch to Shamanism.
- Level 40: Shamanism unlocks when we gain Bloodlust at 48, and reduces its cooldown to a mere minute, giving us a much more frequent burst window.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2 talent changes.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7, no changes necessary.
- 20 Jul. 2023: Rewritten to include rotation advice.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 22 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players