Elemental Shaman PvP Guide in Battle for Azeroth (Shadowlands 9.0.2)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Shaman PvP guide.
Elemental Shaman in the Current Meta
Elemental Shamans are a mid to top tier caster right now. They are currently one of the highest bursting classes, with the strongest hybrid healing and utility in the game. Elemental Shaman's class design that mainly contributes to this is Lightning Lasso, and Stormkeeper. Elemental Shaman are now much more viable in Rated Battlegrounds, they bring the utility and kill potential a team needs.
Strengths of Elemental Shaman
- Very high instant-cast burst damage with Earth Shock empowered by Lava Shock, and Stormkeepers empowered Lightning Bolts along with Echoing Shock
- 5-second stun and significant damage with Lightning Lasso, which cannot be dispelled
- Good mobility and kiting
- Has Healing Surge and Healing Stream Totem for strong off-healing
- Short cooldown interrupt in Wind Shear
- Grounding Totem and Tremor Totem provide strong utility to the team
Weaknesses of Elemental Shaman
- Moderate damage outside of burst windows
- When focused it is challenging to generate Maelstrom
- Few defensive cooldowns
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Elemental Shaman PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Elemental Shaman PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (damage, burst, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Elemental Shaman PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Elemental Shaman PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Elemental Shaman PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Elemental Shaman in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Elemental Shaman PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Elemental Shaman.
- On the Elemental Shaman Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Elemental Shamans, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant page and removed Azerite/Essence mentions. More updates to come.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A Cool Way to Enter the Venthyr Covenant Sanctum in Sinfall
- Want to Know How Many Times You've Tried to Mount in the Maw but Couldn't?
- Torghast Boss One-shots, Cheesing, Crazy DPS and More
- Fast Plaguefall Hunter Legendary Farm Method
- Most Popular Classes and Specializations in Shadowlands on Icy Veins
- New In-Game Player Memorials in Silvermoon City?
- Sinrunner Blanchy's Alive Form Discovered
- Varok Saurfang's Mak'gora Cinematic Upscaled to 4K