Havoc Demon Hunter Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 8 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.1)
On this page, you will find our Level by Level Havoc Demon Hunter leveling guide for Dragonflight Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level. For more general leveling information, please refer to our Demon Hunter leveling guide.
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. You will often be replacing these gear pieces very quickly, so just equip whatever comes to you without worrying about secondary stats.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as Havoc Demon Hunter
Your first talent point unlocks at Level 10.
Your talent points should be spent as follows.
- Level 10: Blazing Path
- Level 11: Eye Beam
- Level 12: Unrestrained Fury
- Level 13: Insatiable Hunger (Swap to Demon Blades at level 18)
- Level 14: Unrestrained Fury Rank 2
- Level 15: Improved Chaos Strike
- Level 16: Improved Disrupt
- Level 17: Demonic Appetite
- Level 18: Felblade
- Level 19: First Blood
- Level 20: Pursuit
- Level 21: Felfire Heart
- Level 22: Imprison
- Level 23: Burning Hatred
- Level 24: Bouncing Glaives
- Level 25: Dancing with Fate
- Level 26: Rush of Chaos
- Level 27: Dancing with Fate Rank 2
- Level 28: Soul Rending
- Level 29: Trail of Ruin
- Level 30: Soul Rending Rank 2
- Level 31: Critical Chaos
- Level 32: Demonic
- Level 33: Critical Chaos Rank 2
- Level 34: Sigil of Flame
- Level 35: Initiative
- Level 36: Felfire Haste
- Level 37: Chaotic Transformation
- Level 38: Chaos Nova
- Level 39: Looks Can Kill
- Level 40: Consume Magic
- Level 41: Blind Fury
- Level 42: Charred Warblades
- Level 43: Blind Fury Rank 2
- Level 44: Master of the Glaive
- Level 45: Unbound Chaos
- Level 46: Illidari Knowledge
- Level 47: Unbound Chaos Rank 2
- Level 48: Illidari Knowledge Rank 2
- Level 49: Furious Gaze
- Level 50: Darkness
- Level 51: Inner Demon
- Level 52: The Hunt
- Level 53: Cycle of Hatred
- Level 54: Internal Struggle
- Level 55: Cycle of Hatred Rank 2
- Level 56: Erratic Felheart
- Level 57: Shattered Destiny
- Level 58: Erratic Felheart Rank 2
- Level 59: Fodder to the Flame
- Level 60: Collective Anguish
- Level 61: Tactical Retreat
- Level 62: Unnatural Malice
- Level 63: Momentum
- Level 64: Soul Sigils
- Level 65: Know Your Enemy
- Level 66: Unleashed Power
- Level 67: Know Your Enemy Rank 2
- Level 68: Shattered Restoration
- Level 69: Essence Break
- Level 70: Shattered Restoration Rank 2
Rotation to Level Up as a Havoc Demon Hunter
Unlike many classes, you start at Level 8 and enter into the Demon Hunter intro campaign on Mardum. Some abilities are unlocked as you progress through this story segment, granting access to your core Havoc abilities when you select your specialization at Level 10.
- Cast Throw Glaive if you have a Fodder to the Flame Demon active.
- Cast The Hunt as frequently as possible (especially against tough enemies).
- Cast Fel Rush to engage targets.
- Cast Felblade to engage targets
- Use Metamorphosis as frequently as possible (especially against tough enemies).
- Cast Eye Beam on cooldown.
- Cast Eye Beam on cooldown with less than 70 fury.
- Cast Vengeful Retreat after Eye Beam to trigger Initiative windows.
- Cast Vengeful Retreat on cooldown, try to pair every other cast with Eye Beam.
- Cast Vengeful Retreat on cooldown, try to pair other cast with Essence Break.
- Cast Essence Break after Eye Beam.
- Cast Blade Dance on cooldown.
- Cast Immolation Aura on cooldown.
- Cast Fel Rush when the Unbound Chaos buff is active.
- Use Metamorphosis as frequently as possible when Eye Beam and Blade Dance are on cooldown. (especially against tough enemies).
- Cast Blade Dance on cooldown.
- Cast Chaos Strike whenever you have enough Fury.
- Cast Demon's Bite to generate Fury.
- Cast Felblade to generate Fury.
- Cast Sigil of Flame in AoE situatons, or to generate Fury.
- Cast Throw Glaive when you need to pull enemies out of range.
Summary of Unlocked Abilities for Havoc Demon Hunters
A large chunk of your abilities will be unlocked through story beats in Mardum, so by the time you leave most of your kit will be complete.
- You begin at Level 8 with access to several
abilities, due to how high your starting level is.
- Demon's Bite is unlocked, your main Fury builder.
- Chaos Strike is unlocked, your single-target Fury spender.
- Fel Rush is unlocked, Havoc's instant mobility tool.
- Spectral Sight is unlocked, allowing you to see enemies and treasures highlighted through walls.
- At level 10 Vengeful Retreat is unlocked as an extra mobility tool.
- At Level 11, Eye Beam is unlocked, a burst AoE cooldown that costs Fury.
- At Level 12, Blade Dance is unlocked, your AoE Fury spender.
- At Level 16, Throw Glaive is unlocked, a ranged cast to pull mobs.
- At Level 18, Blur is unlocked, your defensive tool.
- At level 20, Metamorphosis is unlocked and it is your main cooldown.
- At level 20, Disrupt is unlocked, this is your kick to interrupt target casts.
- At Level 39, Darkness is unlocked, a group defensive utility.
Alongside the ability unlocks, there are also passive effects that improve your abilities unlocked along the way, which begin to unlock after you select the Havoc specialization at Level 10:
- At Level 10, Mastery: Demonic Presence is unlocked, your Mastery, which increases Chaos damage and Movement speed.
- At Level 13, Demonic Wards is unlocked, passively reducing Magic damage taken.
- At Level 18, Immolation Aura Rank 2 is unlocked causing it to instantly deal Fire damage on the cast.
- At Level 22, Blade Dance Rank 2 is unlocked, reducing its cooldown by 5 seconds.
- At Level 27, Immolation Aura Rank 3 is unlocked, increasing its duration by 4 seconds.
- At Level 42, Spectral Sight Rank 2 is unlocked, decreasing its cooldown by 30 seconds.
- At Level 49, Chaos Brand is unlocked, debuffing enemies you damage causing them to take 5% increased magic damage from all sources.
Havoc Demon Hunter War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section, we will rank the PvP talents for leveling and doing solo or small-group PvE content. Below is a ranking of both General PvP Talents and Havoc Demon Hunter-specific PvE talents.
- Chaotic Imprint will always buff Chaos damage dealt such as Chaos Strike and Eye Beam. Also great to pair with talents such as Soulrend due to the conversion to magic damage causing Throw Glaive to deal significantly more damage.
- Unending Hatred is just free additional Fury generation as you will frequently be taking damage in the open world.
- Sigil Mastery reduces the cooldown of sigils such as Sigil of Flame and Elysian Decree which can be a small DPS gain.
Reverse Magic, Detainment, Cover of Darkness, Cleansed by Flame and Glimpse all have very limited uses in PvE, due to it being very focused on crowd control tools, or pressuring enemy players into spending more resources than they would otherwise want to.
Congratulations on reaching Level 70! Now that you have hit Level 70, we recommend looking at our Easy mode page and Talents section to learn how to play at max level.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 22 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight.
- Upgrade Ranks Added for Mythic Gear in Patch 10.1.5
- Twitch Revises Branded Content Guidelines After Backlash
- Welcome Back Gear Gift for Unplayed Characters in 10.1.5
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 6th
- Mythic+ Now Has Extra Affixes (Bug)
- Dragonflight 10.1.5 PTR Notes: June 6th
- Blizzard on Catalyst Quest Becoming Available Earlier Than Expected
- Mythic+ Dungeons Re-Enabled on Live Servers