Destruction Warlock Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.2)
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. If the item levels are equal, you should choose the piece with stats that are most favorable to your specialization. If your current item is an Heirloom, it should not be replaced.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as a Destruction Warlock
Below, you can see the suggested levelling talent build and the order in which to pick the talents while levelling.
Rotation to Level Up as an Destruction Warlock
Starting at Level 1, you only have one main attack ability: Shadow Bolt.
- Level 2 — the first DoT, Corruption, becomes available, which should be used to tag and soften up multiple enemies whenever spamming a few Shadow Bolts will not kill them quicker.
- Level 29 — Use Shadowburn on targets below 20% health in order to trigger the 50% additional Critical Strike chance and hopefully the shard refund.
- Level 27 — Use Cataclysm as often as possible.
- Level 23 — Cast Channel Demonfire when at least one target suffers from your Immolate.
- Level 19 — Use Havoc when there is a second target to duplicate every single-target spell.
- Level 11 — Cast Chaos Bolt whenever you have at least 2 Shards.
- Level 15 — Cast Rain of Fire when you have 3 shards, and there are at least 3 targets stacked.
- Level 11 — maintain Immolate on as many targets as possible for high damage and shard generation.
- Level 13 — Cast Conflagrate when moving and when you do not have more than 4 and a half shards.
- Level 10 — Incinerate replaces Shadow Bolt with the ability to generate Soul Shard bits.
Destruction Warlock PvP Talents for Leveling
- Bane of Havoc replaces Havoc with a ground-targeted AoE variant, enabling it to deal massive damage on any target caught in the area.
- Cremation increases Conflagrate's damage and is best paired with Flashover.
- Essence Drain stacks a damage reduction effect on enemies that are damaged by your Drain Life. You can reduce their damage by up to 25%, which is a large increase in your ability to survive and sustain.
- Fel Fissure is mostly useful for its movement slow while leveling.
- Gateway Mastery should always be considered to expedite your whereabouts in closed space where mounts are not usable.
- Bonds of Fel can offer further AoE burst when kiting targets around.
Pet Choice for Destruction Warlock Leveling
Summon Imp is your first available demon. This pet is not particularly useful for leveling, but you have no choice for the early levels.
If you are leveling alone, Summon Voidwalker can be a helpful choice while leveling up, as it takes a lot of the pressure off you. Avoiding casting pushback can also increase leveling speed.
Summon Felhunter can be a good choice if you are leveling in a group or venturing into dungeons. The extra interrupt is helpful for dealing with troublesome caster mobs.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated talent tree for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)