Battleground Blitz Guide
Patch 10.2 adds a new mode of play allowing players to engage in PvP via a new solo queue for an 8v8 player battleground experience.
Battleground Blitz is a new PvP Brawl that will be permanently available in Patch 10.2. You can queue either solo or as a duo (with a healer) for the 8v8 PvP action in a fast and furious action on one of 8 initially available maps.
Which Maps Are Available in Battleground Blitz?
Warsong Gulch, Twin Peaks, Temple of Kotmogu, Eye of the Storm, Silvershard Mines, Battle for Gilneas, Arathi Basin, and Deepwing Gorge.
Each team will be comprised of 2 healers and 5-6 damage dealers and 0-1 tanks. Opposing teams will always have the same number of tanks. Matches that do not have any tanks will not take place on any Capture the Flag maps like Twin Peaks or Warsong Gulch. Matches that have a tank will take place on any available map.
The average match length of Battleground Blitz is around 10-12 minutes.
Blizzard made some changes to how players interact with the battlegrounds, leading to a faster pace and new mechanics to utilize as you put yourself and your team against opponents.
- On objective maps, the cast time has been reduced to 6 seconds (down from 4).
- On domination maps, control points are captured in 30 seconds after being contested (down from 60).
- Players will gain the Swift Pursuit buff on all maps, which grants 150% increased mount speed.
Eye of the Storm
Only 2 of the 4 nodes are capturable at a time (1 per side), which award points, with the middle flag being available to capture.
- You can either capture Mage Tower and Draenei Ruins or Fel Reaver Ruins or Blood Tower.
- When the middle flag is captured, previous nodes move to neutral and reset.
- 2 nodes (1 per side) re-activate, alternating.
- Points for capturing a flag have been significantly increased.
- When a flag is captured, the existing available nodes will become uncapturable. After 15 seconds, the other set of nodes will become available.
Arathi Basin and Deepwind Gorge
- 5 capturable nodes.
- Increased resource acquisition.
- After you capture a node entirely, you control it for 45 seconds. It then deactivates and can be captured again 5 seconds later.
- To fully capture a node, you have to complete the 4-second cast, then hold the point for 30 seconds without the enemy team recapturing the node. There are added timers located under Objectives in the UI.
- During the time a node is fully captured and your team controls it for 45 seconds, the enemy team cannot recapture the base until it deactivates and resets. A node that cannot be captured will have a shield visual on it.
Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks
- The flag carier debuff ( Brutal Assault) stacks 100% faster (each stack every 15 seconds, up from 30 seconds.
- Maximum game length is set to 12 minutes.
Battle for Gilneas
Increased resource acquisition rate in the middle areas of the map.
Temple of Kotmogu
Increased resource acquisition in the middle areas of the map.
Multiple maps have new power up runes in Battleground Blitz!
- Shield of Protection — Provides a shield equal to 50% ofyour max health for 45 seconds.
- Into the Shadows — Provides a player with stealth and 100% increased movement speed for 30 seconds.
- Rune of Frequency — Increases cooldown rate by 50% for 30 seconds.
- Shadowy Sight &dmash; Provides Stealth and Invisibility detection for 12 seconds.
To reduce the wait time and increase the quality of matches, you can queue and join the brawl more quickly no matter which faction you belong to.
The item level of equipped gear above Item Level 312 will scale to 472 (4 item levels below Dragonflight Season 3 Honor Gear). The scaling is limited to 312 and above to avoid potential issues with over-scaling stats on items from previous expansions.
What is the Minimum Item Level to Queue for Battleground Blitz?
A minimum Item Level of 330 is required to queue for Battleground Blitz.
Battleground Blitz Rewards
The first win of the day awards 100 Conquest. Additional wins in the same day award 50 Conquest. Losing by a narrow margin gives 25 Conquest.
Two Battleground Blitz weekly quests are available from Malicia in Valdrakken.
You can earn several new achievements from the new brawl:
- Battleground Blitz Novice — Win 10 Battleground Blitz Matches.
- Battleground Blitz Apprentice — Win 25 Battleground Blitz Matches.
- Battleground Blitz Veteran — Win 50 Battleground Blitz Matches.
- Learning the Ropes — Complete 25 Battleground Blitz Matches.
- Brawlroom Blitzer — Complete 50 Battleground Blitz Matches
- Battle-scarred Battler — Complete 100 Battleground Blitz Matches.
Deserter Penalty for Leaving Battleground Blitz
Players who leave a Battleground Blitz match before it ends will receive a deserter penalty.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Guide added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)