Pirates' Day Guide (BfA 8.2)
Table of Contents
Every year, on the 19th of September, World of Warcrat celebrates Pirates' Day, a virtual counterpart of the International Talk Like a Pirate Day, a holiday created in 1995 by two friends with a lot of imagination.
For more information, see the official website of the holiday.
The event is extremely short and simple: you have to earn an achievement by talking to a particular NPC.
If you are interested in role-playing, the event can become slightly more interesting.
In 2017, a new toy was added called Jolly Roger. It is sold by Edward Techt for 10 , and to be able to buy it you must have obtained the Avast Ye, Admiral! Feat of Strength. The toy is a pirate flag that can be used even at low levels. Techt can be found at 36.6, 84.3 (The Cape of Stranglethorn).
In 2016, a new toy was added Slightly-Chewed Insult Book. It drops from a shark called Ol' Eary, who spawns in the waters of Booty Bay.
In 2015, the event was updated to allow you to buy a Big Bag of Booty from Dread Captain DeMeza.
The Captain's Booty
The Captain's Booty is the achievement you can earn by participating in the Pirates' Day event.
You complete the achievement by meeting with Dread Captain DeMeza, in Booty Bay. When talking to her, she offers you the possibility to drink with her. If you accept, the achievement is completed and you are buffed with Dread Corsair, which makes you look like a pirate.
The exact location of Dread Captain DeMeza is on the roof of the bank of Booty Bay. With flying mounts, you can easily get there. By foot, simply enter the tavern, walk up the stairs until you find yourself on the platform at the top. From there, you can jump on the bank's roof.
If your standing with Booty Bay is Hated, you will be glad to know that you can still earn the achievement, as DeMeza and her crew are not affiliated with Booty Bay.
Those interested in role-playing will find some further interests in participating in Pirates' Day.
Dread Corsair lasts for 12 hours. You can have it reapplied by Dread Captain DeMeza if you speak with her again. Commoners in capital cities also have the ability to reapply the buff, albeit only for 1 hour.
When under the effect of Dread Corsair, your main-hand and off-hand weapons are still visible. This gives you opportunities to further customise your looks on this special day, by using some of the following weapons:
- One-hand (can be used as Main-hand or Off-hand)
- Cudgel, sold by many vendors for 2 85 and to be enchanted with Enchant Weapon - Fiery Weapon
- Jolly Roger, sold by Edward Techt for 10 (provided you have the Avast Ye, Admiral! Feat of Strength)
- Adamantite Rapier or many other blacksmith-made items that share the same model
- Hurley's Tankard, which has a 29% chance to drop from Hurley Blackbreath in Blackrock Depths
- Barman Shanker, which has a 9% chance to drop from Plugger Spazzring in Blackrock Depths
- Yellow Brewfest Stein, Blue Brewfest Stein, or Green Brewfest Stein from previous Bewfest editions
- Mug O' Hurt, which has a very small chance to be dropped by various mobs
- Kreeg's Mug, which has an 85% chance to drop from Stomper Kreeg in Dire Maul
- Discipline Stein, which can be fished in Ironforge
- Ritual Stein, which has a very small chance to drop from various mobs
- Seer's Fine Stein, which can be fished in Stormwind or Orgrimmar, and has a very small chance to drop from various mobs
- Ornate Drinking Stein, which has a very small chance to be contained in the bag rewarded by Shattrath fishing daily quests
- Lapidis Tankard of Tidesippe, which has a very small chance to drop from various level 60 raid bosses and mobs
A few items in this list were suggested in a comment on wowhead.
If you want to talk like a pirate, and thus honor the original intent of the holiday, you can install the Pirate Speak addon.
- 18 Sep. 2019: Guide reviewed for 2019.
- 20 Sep. 2017: Added new 2017 toy.
- 19 Sep. 2016: Added new 2016 toy.
- 19 Sep. 2015: Added Big Bag of Booty.
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Raid Testing: March 24th
- Ebyssian and Emberthal Epilogue Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- How to Unlock Ancient Zul'Gurub Crafting in Patch 10.0.7
- Restoration Shaman PvE
- Zskera Vaults Guide
- Preservation Evoker PvE
- Fire Mage Leveling
- Beast Mastery Hunter Leveling