Discipline Priest PvP Guide in Battle for Azeroth (Shadowlands 9.0.2)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Priest PvP guide.
Discipline Priests in the Current Meta
Discipline Priests have the most unique style of all the healers. Not only do they do a large majority of their healing with damage, but they are the only healer with 2 healing schools. This makes them a force to be reckoned with when playing with aggressive classes.
Discipline Priest Strengths
- Dispel Magic and Mass Dispel are crucial
- Great defensives versus melee teams
- Multiple crowd control abilities
Discipline Priest Weaknesses
- Run out of Mana quickly
- Very little mobility
- Easy to crowd control
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Discipline Priest PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Discipline Priest PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (healing, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Discipline Priest PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Discipline Priest PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Discipline Priest PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Discipline Priests in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Discipline Priest PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Discipline Priests.
- On the Discipline Priest Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Discipline Priests, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant page, removed Azerite mentions, and updated gear section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Spec Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands
- Fan Concept of Nightborne Customization Options
- Vicarious Visions Studio Being Merged Into Blizzard by Activision
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 22nd
- Upcoming PvP Class Tuning: January 26th
- Official Overview of All Shadowlands Mounts, Pets and Toys Part 1
- Castle Nathria Tank and Healer Log Rankings and Analysis
- 21 Billion Gold Moves Through WoW Each Day