Discipline Priest PvP Guide (Dragonflight 10.0.7)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Priest PvP guide.
Discipline Priests in the Current Meta
Discipline Priests are one of a kind. In order to heal their team effectively they need to combine traditional healing and absorption spells, and damaging spells on the enemy to heal through Atonement. That makes Discipline Priests excellent offensive healers able to support their DPS with damage while healing with it. They also bring an offensive purge to the team for even more offensive pressure. However they are not very mobile and run out of Mana quickly.
Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7
This patch did not change much for Discipline Priests. The mana cost of Dispel Magic got slightly increased.
Strengths of Discipline Priests
- Powerful defensive abilities
- Significant damage
- Offensive purge
- Decent utility
Weaknesses of Discipline Priests
- Very little mobility
- High Mana consumption when hard-casting heals
- Reliant on teammates to land CC
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Discipline Priest PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Discipline Priest PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (healing, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Discipline Priest PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Discipline Priest PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Discipline Priests in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Discipline Priest PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Discipline Priests.
- On the Discipline Priest Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Discipline Priests, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 28 Jul. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 01 Jul. 2022: Rewritten and further updated for Patch 9.2.5.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Added Notable Changes section.
- 23 Nov. 2021: Page reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant page, removed Azerite mentions, and updated gear section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
Other PvP Guides
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1