Restoration Druid PvP Guide (Dragonflight 10.0.5)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Druid PvP guide.
Restoration Druids in the Current Meta
Restoration Druids are the jack-of-all-trade healers. They are the best healer to date and continue to dominate other healers in the Arena. With high amounts of mobility, strong single target and spread healing and powerful defensives, they are unmatched. With all of these tools, they are also the hardest healer to master. It is not a healing spec that can be learned in a day.
Strengths of Restoration Druids
- Great control and crowd control
- Good mobility
- Very hard to kill
Weaknesses of Restoration Druids
- Hard to play for newer players
- Hard to heal against teams with strong spread damage
- Struggle against teams with a Purge ability
Notable 10.0 Changes
- New Regular Talent revamp
- Legendary and Covenant abilities disabled outside of Shadowlands content
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Restoration Druid PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Restoration Druid PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (healing, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Restoration Druid PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Restoration Druid PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets and Azerite gear.
- On the Restoration Druid PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Restoration Druids in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Restoration Druid PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Restoration Druids.
- On the Restoration Druid Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Restoration Druids, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 21 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Added Notable Changes section.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 10 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
Other PvP Guides
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Patch 10.0.7 Scheduled Weekly Maintenance Times
- Easy to Get 10.0.7 Mount Guides (Video): Snailemental, Bruffalon, Mossy Mammoth
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Set Acquisition Changes and Retrospective
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5 Hotfixes: March 20th
- Everything You Need to Know About Forbidden Reach Catch-Up Gear in Patch 10.0.7