Balance Druid PvP Guide (Dragonflight 10.0.7)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Druid PvP guide.
Balance Druids in the Current Meta
Balance Druids are known for strong spread pressure and securing a kill with a strong burst of single-target pressure. However, this has changed significantly. Balance Druids do use DoTs, but they are now known for their strong single-target damage and can easily kill an enemy in a stun.
Strengths of Balance Druids
- Strong control
- Multiple mobility spells
- Strong burst damage
Weaknesses of Balance Druids
- Cannot do damage when forced into Bear Form
- Little consistent damage
- Long burst cooldown
Notable 10.0.7 Changes
- No major changes for Balance Druids in Patch 10.0.7.
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Balance Druid PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Balance Druid PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Balance Druid PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Balance Druid PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Balance Druid PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Balance Druids in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Balance Druid PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Balance Druids.
- On the Balance Druid Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Balance Druids, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 12 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 01 Mar. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Added Notable Changes section.
- 19 Nov. 2021: Page reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 05 Dec. 2020: Added Covenant page.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Removed Azerite mentions and updated gear section. More updates to follow.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
Other PvP Guides
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1