Balance Druid PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.1)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Druid PvP guide.
Balance Druids in the Current Meta
Balance Druids are known for strong spread pressure and securing a kill with a strong burst of single-target pressure. However, this has changed significantly. Balance Druids do use DoTs, but they are now known for their strong single-target damage and can easily kill an enemy in a stun.
Strengths of Balance Druids
- Strong control
- Multiple mobility spells
- Strong burst damage
Weaknesses of Balance Druids
- Cannot do damage when forced into Bear Form
- Little consistent damage
- Long burst cooldown
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Balance Druid PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Balance Druid PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (dealing damage, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Balance Druid PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Balance Druid PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Balance Druid PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Balance Druids in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Balance Druid PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Balance Druids.
- On the Balance Druid Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Balance Druids, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 05 Dec. 2020: Added Covenant page.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Removed Azerite mentions and updated gear section. More updates to follow.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Complete "That's the Spirit" Achievement Before Patch 9.1.5 Goes Live
- Timewalking Mage Tower Not Coming Until Early December
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: October 21st
- Official 9.1.5 Patch Notes
- Patch 9.1.5 Release Date is Novemeber 2nd/3rd!
- Official Preview of the Timewalking Mage Tower
- Kill Dunegorger Kraulok This Week for a Chance at Mollie the Alpaca Mount
- Warrior Mage Tower Set in Patch 9.1.5