Windwalker Monk PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.2.5)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
Windwalker Monks in the Current Meta
Windwalker Monks are one of the best melee specializations in the game right now. They not only have some of the best spread pressure as a melee, they have almost unmatched single-target burst. All it takes is one coordinated set-up for a Windwalker Monk to quickly kill an enemy.
Strengths of Windwalker Monks
- Great mobility
- Strong team utility
- Strong self-healing
Weaknesses of Windwalker Monks
- Weak sustained damage
- No defensive abilities when stunned
- Difficult for newer players
Notable 9.2 Changes
- Bonedust Brew can no longer critically strike. This results in Kyrian being a better Covenant choice.
- Access to a second Legendary power
- Tier Sets and bonuses have returned
- Five new PvP trinkets have been added:
- Cosmic Gladiator's Devouring Malediction;
- Cosmic Gladiator's Eternal Aegis;
- Cosmic Gladiator's Resonator;
- Cosmic Gladiator's Echoing Resolve;
- Cosmic Gladiator's Fastidious Resolve.
- New PvP Trinket set bonus that grants Agility and Stamina instead of Versatility
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Windwalker Monk PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Windwalker Monk PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (healing, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Windwalker Monk PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Windwalker Monk PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Windwalker Monk PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Windwalker Monks in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Windwalker Monk PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Windwalker Monks.
- On the Windwalker Monk Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Windwalker Monks, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
Show moreShow less
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Added Notable changes section.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 17 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant Page.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Awesome Hard Mode 4 Ahn'Qiraj Season of Mastery World First Clear Video
- Anduin as the Lich King (AI-Generated Art Piece)
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Invite Wave Went Out
- Patch 9.2.5 Hotfixes: June 24th - Class Tuning
- Upcoming Class Tuning: June 28th
- Will Dragonflight Release in November 2022?
- Dragonflight Pre-Order Pet Double the Size of the Player Character
- Naxxramas New Season of Mastery Features Teased