Windwalker Monk PvP Guide (Dragonflight 10.0.7)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
PvP Monk Guides
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
Windwalker Monks in the Current Meta
Windwalker Monks are one of the best melee specializations in the game right now. They not only have some of the best spread pressure as a melee, they have almost unmatched single-target burst. All it takes is one coordinated set-up for a Windwalker Monk to quickly kill an enemy.
Strengths of Windwalker Monks
- Great mobility
- Strong team utility
- Strong self-healing
Weaknesses of Windwalker Monks
- Kiting is important to stay alive
- No defensive abilities when stunned
- Difficult for newer players
Notable 10.0.7 Changes
- Inner Peace maximum Energy Bonus increased to 30 (was 10).
- Inner Peace now also increases Tiger Palm damage by 10%.
- Rising Star now increases Rising Sun Kick damage by 3/6% (was 5/10%) and critical strike damage by 6/12%.
- Faeline Harmony damage and healing bonus increased to 10% (was 8%).
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Windwalker Monk PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Windwalker Monk PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (healing, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Windwalker Monk PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Windwalker Monk PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Windwalker Monk PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Windwalker Monks in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Windwalker Monk PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Windwalker Monks.
- On the Windwalker Monk Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Windwalker Monks, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1 PvP Season.
- 21 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Added Notable changes section.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 17 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant Page.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
Other PvP Guides
- Vicious War Snail Mount in Patch 10.1
- Item Level of Rewards from Mythic+ and the Great Vault in Dragonflight Season 2
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th
- New Aberrus Unique Drops Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Loading Screen in Patch 10.1
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd