Mistweaver Monk PvP Guide (Shadowlands 9.2.5)
This guide will walk you through everything you need to know to play in a PvP environment. The guide will cover everything from talent choices, PvP talents, gameplay and rotation, and useful racial bonuses. It is most applicable to Arena content, but most talents and racial bonuses will work in Rated Battlegrounds and skirmishes.
Mistweaver Monks in the Current Meta
Mistweaver Monks in PvP are fun, challenging, and rewarding to play. The style of a Mistweaver is fast-paced with unique offensive abilities; a play style that is unlike any other healer in the game. Sometimes you are forced to get in melee range to cast spells.
Mistweaver Monks Strengths
- Great mobility
- Strong single-target healing
- Multiple crowd control abilities
Mistweaver Monks Weaknesses
- Easy to get stuck in crowd control
- No defensive abilities when stunned
- Very little utility for teammates
Notable 9.2 Changes
- Sinister Teachings nerf means Mistweavers will be Necrolord
- Access to a second Legendary power
- Tier Sets and bonuses have returned
- Five new PvP trinkets have been added:
- Cosmic Gladiator's Devouring Malediction;
- Cosmic Gladiator's Eternal Aegis;
- Cosmic Gladiator's Resonator;
- Cosmic Gladiator's Echoing Resolve;
- Cosmic Gladiator's Fastidious Resolve.
- New PvP Trinket set bonus that grants Intellect and Stamina instead of Versatility
Content of the Guide
This guide ended up being very long, so we decided to split it in different pages.
- On the Mistweaver Monk PvP Talents page, you will find an analysis of each PvE talent row to help you decide which talent to pick on each row, as well as an overview of the PvP talents, which advice on which ones to take and under which conditions.
- On the Mistweaver Monk PvP Rotation and Playstyle page, you will learn how to use your spells, depending on the situation (healing, surviving, controlling enemy players, etc.), and what is generally expected of your class and spec in PvP.
- On the Mistweaver Monk PvP Covenants and Legendary Powers page, you will find advice on choosing the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits as well as the best PvP Legendary Powers.
- On the Mistweaver Monk PvP Stat Priority and Gear page, you will find the stat priority to follow in PvP, as well as advice for choosing your gear, particularly trinkets.
- On the Mistweaver Monk PvP Best Races page, you will find lists of the Alliance and Horde races, ranked by how good they are for Mistweaver Monks in PvP, as well as explanations regarding why and how their racials benefit you.
- On the Mistweaver Monk PvP Useful Macros page, you will find a collection of useful macros for PvP for Mistweaver Monks.
- On the Mistweaver Monk Arena Composition page, you will find the list of the most powerful Arena compositions featuring Mistweaver Monks, in both 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
Show moreShow less
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 23 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 16 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant Page.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Alliance Sepulcher Mythic Hall of Fame Closing this Week
- Sepulcher of the First Ones 9.2.5 Mythic DPS, Tank and Healer Log Rankings, Week 5: Affliction Is Back
- How to Receive Different Weapons from Zereth Mortis World and Daily Quests
- Very Solid Ocean Near Stormwind Defeats Player
- Impressive Stormwind Recreation in Minecraft (Video)
- Idol of Y'Shaarj Shadow Priest Talent Explained
- Upcoming Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Tuning: July 5th
- A Preview of Priest Talent Trees in Dragonflight