Fury Warrior Shadowlands Leveling Guide From 1 to 60
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Fury Warrior Talents while leveling
Talents are something that will give you options to optimize your character and change how some of the abilities work.
Your first talent row unlocks at Level 15.
Your talent set up should be as follows:
- Level 15: Fresh Meat for the guaranteed Enrage when opening combat.
- Level 25: Double Time
- Level 30: Onslaught
- Level 35: Bounding Stride
- Level 40: Frothing Berserker
- Level 45: Dragon Roar or Bladestorm for bigger bursty pulls.
- Level 50: Anger Management for more consistent cooldown use or Reckless Abandon for bigger burst, as preferred.
Rotation/Ability Priority to Level Up as a Fury Warrior
Starting at Level 1, you only have one active ability: Slam.
- Cast Charge to initiate combat whenever possible.
- Victory Rush activates whenever an enemy is killed. Use it to heal yourself.
- Cast Shield Slam to deal damage.
- Cast Whirlwind when there are multiple targets present in order to maintain the cleaving buff.
- Cast Recklessness to quickly burst down strong targets or groups of mobs.
- Cast Rampage against high health targets for massive damage and to trigger Enrage.
- Cast Execute when enemies are below 20% health.
- Cast Onslaught while Enraged.
- Cast Dragon Roar while Enraged.
- Cast Bloodthirst to deal damage, generate Rage, and trigger Enrage.
- Use Raging Blow to generate rage and damage enemies.
- Use Whirlwind against multiple targets.
- Use Whirlwind when nothing else is available.
- Cast Slam against single targets.
Summary of Unlocked Abilities for Fury Warriors
You unlock your first ability of interest at Level 2.
- At Level 2, you unlock Charge. It is both a mobility tool and Rage generator, and should be used to initiate combat whenever possible.
- At Level 3, you unlock Shield Slam. This is your primary attack which should be kept on cooldown as much as possible.
- At Level 4, you unlock Hamstring. This will allow you to slow down a single enemy when needed so you can get some distance.
- At Level 5, you unlock Victory Rush. This is your primary heal, usable whenever an enemy is killed and useful for chaining combat between multiple enemies.
- At Level 6, you unlock Shield Block. It is a defensive ability that costs Rage, which allows you to block incoming physical attacks.
- At Level 6, you also unlock Execute via a Quest called "A Warrior's End". It is a high damage combat finisher, normally usable when the target is below 20% health.
- At Level 7, you unlock Pummel, which interrupts enemy spellcasting and stops their ability to cast for a short time.
- At Level 8, you unlock Charge, this will make Charge generate 10 more Rage.
- At Level 9, you unlock Whirlwind. This is a AoE ability that hits up to 5 enemies and costs Rage.
- At Level 10, you unlock Dual Wield and from there on should use two weapons at all times.
- At Level 10, you unlock Bloodthirst which generates Rage and enables the mastery through Enrage.
- At Level 10, you unlock Mastery: Unshackled Fury which increases all damage done while Enrage is active.
- At Level 11, you unlock Victory Rush. Rank 2 increases the heal by an additional 10%.
- At Level 13, you unlock Execute, which removes the Rage cost for Fury.
- At Level 14, you unlock Single-Minded Fury and Titan's Grip which allows you to choose between wearing two one-handed weapons or two two-handed ones.
- At Level 14, you also unlock Taunt, a threat tool which forces the enemy to focus and attack you.
- At Level 17, you unlock Ignore Pain. This is a defensive ability which allows you to spend Rage in order to absorb incoming damage.
- At Level 18, you unlock Execute, which causes it to generate Rage instead of consume it.
- At Level 19, you unlock Rampage, a massive damaging attack and the primary means of spending Rage.
- At Level 20, you unlock Enrage, which increases Haste whenever the buff is active.
- At Level 21, you unlock Piercing Howl, an AoE snare which significnatly slows all nearby enemies.
- At Level 22, you unlock Shield Block. This makes it so Shield Block now has 2 charges.
- At Level 22, you unlock Whirlwind, causing the ability to generate Rage instead of spending it.
- At Level 23, you unlock Enraged Regeneration, the core defensive ability which also increases Bloodthirst healing.
- At Level 24, you unlock Heroic Throw, a ranged attack which deals very low damage, primarily used to pull targets from a distance.
- At Level 27, you unlock Raging Blow, giving the ability a 20% chance to reset its own cooldown.
- At Level 28, you unlock Rampage, which causes the ability to trigger Enrage when used.
- At Level 29, you unlock Berserker Rage, an active ability which removes Fear, Sap, and Incapacitate effects.
- At Level 32, you unlock Enraged Regeneration, reducing the cooldown by 60 seconds.
- At Level 33, you unlock Heroic Leap, a mobility tool which moves you quickly to any location you select within its range.
- At Level 34, you unlock Intimidating Shout, which disorients enemies around you for a short time.
- At Level 37, you unlock Whirlwind, causing Whirlwind to provide a two-charge buff which causes your next single-target attacks to hit additional enemies.
- At Level 38, you unlock Recklessness, the primary offensive cooldown which doubles Rage generation and provides a bonus to critical strike chance.
- At Level 39, you unlock Battle Shout, a group-wide buff which increases attack power.
- At Level 41, you unlock Shattering Throw, a damaging ability with a cast time that deals increased damage against absorbs and removes any magical immunities.
- At Level 42, you unlock Raging Blow, which gives the ability a second charge.
- At Level 43, you unlock Intervene. This lets you charge to an ally and Intercept all melee and ranged attacks made against them for 6 seconds.
- At Level 44, you unlock Rampage which increases its damage by an additional 20%.
- At Level 46, you unlock Rallying Cry, a defensive group cooldown, which increases current and maximum health for a short time.
- At Level 47, you unlock Spell Reflection. This causes a short buff which reduces magical damage taken and causes any hostile spell cast at you to be reflected back toward its user, affecting them instead.
- At Level 48, you unlock Bloodthirst, increasing its damage by 30%.
- At Level 49, you unlock Enrage, providing a 10% movement speed increase when the buff is active.
- At Level 52, you unlock Recklessness, increasing the duration by 2 seconds.
- At Level 54, you unlock Challenging Shout. Lets you taunt all enemies to attack you for 6 seconds.
- At Level 56, you unlock Rallying Cry, increasing the health gained by an additional 5%.
- At Level 58, you unlock Execute, increasing the damage by an additional 15%.
War Mode Talents to Level Up as a Fury Warrior
The following PvP talents are recommended for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. You may find that different PvP talents work better for you depending on your playstyle. Experimentation is encouraged!
Fury Warrior PvP Talents
- Barbarian improves mobility and reduces downtime.
- Enduring Rage maintains Enrage.
- Slaughterhouse increases damage output and healing, although Battle Trance is a strong alternative for longer combats.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Guide added.
- The Lowest Mythic Wipe in WoW History?
- Patch 9.1 Raid Testing Schedule: April 22nd
- The Reddit Singularity: Deathwing As Both Mount and Player Housing
- Fire Mage in Patch 9.1: An Initial PTR Spec Overview
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- Torghast, Sanctum of Domination Loot Item Level
- When Will Daisy the Sloth Become Available?
- New Text-to-Speech Accessibility Option Coming in Patch 9.1